MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Thanks for the support guys :)

*I got into Tyler !!!!*

so so happy!!! :D

Congratulations!!!! That's great! I know I've already said this to others, but Tyler's my undergrad and I absolutely loved it. Susan Moore is the best.

Got a happy call from LSU yesterday! I'm posting my the dates of my schools' admissions decisions in one post here, with hopes that it will be helpful to folks applying in the coming years. Now I have a tough decision to make...

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for the support guys :)

*I got into Tyler !!!!*

so so happy!!! :D

Congrats! Very exciting! I was just there earlier in the week and it's a wonderful place. Facilities are spectacular and the faculty accessible. I'll prob be seeing you next year. Enjoy the weekend, I know I will, there's a huge wait off my shoulders now as I'm sure there is for you too!

Cheers!

Maybe that's good news? But full disclaimer: I live in Richmond right by campus. It probably didn't even take a day to get the 8 blocks to my mailbox.

Yes, I thought about that... And by now, since I've gotten plenty of rejections from the East coast, I noticed it takes several days more for letters to arrive where I live...

I got my VCU Summer Studio info in the mail today. I'm still not taking it to mean rejection. They probably sent it to everyone.

I got the same thing too and didn't know whether to take it as a rejection or not. :/

I'm not going to sue anyone, I didnt ship my paintings I had them hand delivered and picked them up, they just broke it while sifting through it I guess. And yeah to whoever said about their handling being bad, while I was there they were ripping my stuff off the walls pretty harshly and I thought then that I was being just a protective mom about my paintings, but I wasnt. I did email in a complaint and an urge for them to be much more careful when people entrust their work with them.

For those that applied to U. Washington, I received a rejection email from them on Monday. Still hoping for Tyler or Houston, but it's looking like I'll be joining those of you who will be reapplying next year. I'm actually pretty okay with that. Gives me another year to actually save up some money, haha!

Yeah me too:( On the positive side, I'm finally able to paint again. Feels good to paint without worry.

Congratulation to everybody who got into the programs they like. And to those who have not been accepted, dont lose hope, you may have something better later. :)

Thank you everybody who have been active in this forum. I am international and I was not confidence to write in English, so I was not active that much, but I checked the forum everyday and it makes me feel better to read all your encouraging posts. :) Thank you all.

PS: I am on Wait-list on SVA. Accepted to NYU, Pratt, and Brooklyn College.

Not sure which one is better, NYU or Brooklyn College? Any Thought would be appreciated.

Best luck you all :)

Going to Yale in the fall.

Thanks for sharing this crazy ride folks- I wish you all the best.

Right on man! Congrats! Glad to hear you got in! I know you were stressing about it for a long time... :) All the best to you as well. Peace.

For all you peeps trolling this Forum in the future...

Though I am sure I have missed some (and please, if you got an offer not listed here, or you know of another, please add to it), these are the programs I found to have the best funding. In NO particular order:

West

- UCSD (full ride + teaching stipend)

- UC Irvine (I believe there is good funding here, but unsure of details)

- UCLA (both DMA and the regular arts program give up to 100+% funding with teaching)

- USC (many admits get full tuition funding)

- UCSB (full finding + excellent stipend and teaching)

- Stanford (full ride + excellent stipend and teaching)

- UC Berkeley (full ride tuition)

- Mills (not always, but I have heard of 50+% funding here)

- UC Davis (50-70% funding)

- UOregon (full ride + teaching stipend)

- UW (full ride)

Midwest / South

- UTex-Austin (50% or more funding, I have heard of)

- Georgia Tech (MS in Digital Media is a full ride)

- UIowa (I believe there is full funding avail here)

- Indiana (full ride, I believe)

- UChicago (75% tuition funding + teaching stipend) - KEEP an eye on this program. They are dumping a TON of money into the arts here (esp. with their fabulous Logan Arts Center. A "hidden gem" of a program)

- UI-C (I have heard of good funding here)

- Northwestern (full ride + excellent stipend and teaching)

- SAIC (I hear of one full ride and one half ride per department)

- UMichigan (full ride, first year travel funding, free computer, + stipend)

- Ohio (full ride)

(I'm sure there are others in the M-W…)

East

- Alfred (for Elec. Arts, I know they offer full ride + stipend)

- RPI / iEAR (half the admits get full finding)

- Carnegie-Mellon (70+% funding)

- RISD (Pres. Scholarships range 40K, 20K and 10K, but most pay)

- Rutgers (heard of 50+% funding)

- SUNY Buffalo (heard of good funding here)

- SFMA (has been known to dish out some decent money, but not all the time)

- Yale (if you are low income, along with your parents (regardless of your age, they ask for your parent's financials), you can qualify for excellent funding. If not, you will pay)

- MIT / ACT (I have heard of around 50% funding)

- Univ of Maryland (full ride + teaching stipend)

- VCU (70+% funding)

- Cornell (full ride + teaching stipend)

- MICA (25-50% tuition for some)

- Bard (heard of there being up to 50% funding)

- Keep an eye out for Dartmouth doing a production orientated "Digital Studies" Masters in the future, and if it is anything like their outstanding "Digital Musics", it'll be a full ride +)

For all you peeps trolling this Forum in the future...

Though I am sure I have missed some (and please, if you got an offer not listed here, or you know of another, please add to it), these are the programs I found to have the best funding. In NO particular order:

West

- UCSD (full ride + teaching stipend)

- UC Irvine (I believe there is good funding here, but unsure of details)

- UCLA (both DMA and the regular arts program give up to 100+% funding with teaching)

- USC (many admits get full tuition funding)

- UCSB (full finding + excellent stipend and teaching)

- Stanford (full ride + excellent stipend and teaching)

- UC Berkeley (full ride tuition)

- Mills (not always, but I have heard of 50+% funding here)

- UC Davis (50-70% funding)

- UOregon (full ride + teaching stipend)

- UW (full ride)

Midwest / South

- UTex-Austin (50% or more funding, I have heard of)

- Georgia Tech (MS in Digital Media is a full ride)

- UIowa (I believe there is full funding avail here)

- Indiana (full ride, I believe)

- UChicago (75% tuition funding + teaching stipend) - KEEP an eye on this program. They are dumping a TON of money into the arts here (esp. with their fabulous Logan Arts Center. A "hidden gem" of a program)

- UI-C (I have heard of good funding here)

- Northwestern (full ride + excellent stipend and teaching)

- SAIC (I hear of one full ride and one half ride per department)

- UMichigan (full ride, first year travel funding, free computer, + stipend)

- Ohio (full ride)

(I'm sure there are others in the M-W…)

East

- Alfred (for Elec. Arts, I know they offer full ride + stipend)

- RPI / iEAR (half the admits get full finding)

- Carnegie-Mellon (70+% funding)

- RISD (Pres. Scholarships range 40K, 20K and 10K, but most pay)

- Rutgers (heard of 50+% funding)

- SUNY Buffalo (heard of good funding here)

- SFMA (has been known to dish out some decent money, but not all the time)

- Yale (if you are low income, along with your parents (regardless of your age, they ask for your parent's financials), you can qualify for excellent funding. If not, you will pay)

- MIT / ACT (I have heard of around 50% funding)

- Univ of Maryland (full ride + teaching stipend)

- VCU (70+% funding)

- Cornell (full ride + teaching stipend)

- MICA (25-50% tuition for some)

- Bard (heard of there being up to 50% funding)

- Keep an eye out for Dartmouth doing a production orientated "Digital Studies" Masters in the future, and if it is anything like their outstanding "Digital Musics", it'll be a full ride +)

Thanks for the list!

I can add a few for the South that give great funding:

UGA (University of Georgia)

LSU (Louisiana State University)

UF (University of Florida)

I know first-hand that these all offer great financial packages

good luck, future applicants! I know you'll comb through this forum in a few months :)

Here's my post from the other thread! :)

"Thanks OutWest, that's an awesome list!

I concur with all of the above - from my own experience, The University of Iowa also has potential for fantastic funding. Some of their fellowships offer a tuition waiver, great health care and an unbelievable stipend. Also, their TAships come with a pretty hefty stipend as well.

SUNY Buffalo also has great funding opportunities, as you posted.

And I am almost definite that Alfred gives ALL their MFA students a tuition waiver plus a $5k stipend, at least for this year. When I spoke to them, I had heard they were trying to raise it in the future, so who knows.

Good luck to all the future generations out there!

AND check out Montclair State - we've talked about it on this forum before, but I think that has potential to be an up and coming program, and I've heard of great funding coming out from them as well."