MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Wow that's awesome both of you were accepted and found out today! I am sure having an acceptance early on will help take a little anxiety away as you await the rest of the results. Seriously, congratulations!!

From what it looks like Yale will start sending out rejection emails this Friday so I am rather anxious to say the least. Heard from Stanford today that they are missing one of my transcripts. I took that as good news, figured this late they wouldn't email me about it if they already knew they were rejecting me lol.

Heard from UGA today about the interview scheduling. Mine is 6 days from now via Skype. I'm looking for that post that had all the questions that Yale asked to help prepare. Can't find it. Ugh. Freak out. Anyone else see that?

Anyway, I had no idea about the possibility of getting a rejection email from Yale on Friday. I'm glad you guys keep me on my toes. Also, waiting to hear from Columbia.

Heard from UGA today about the interview scheduling. Mine is 6 days from now via Skype. I'm looking for that post that had all the questions that Yale asked to help prepare. Can't find it. Ugh. Freak out. Anyone else see that?

Anyway, I had no idea about the possibility of getting a rejection email from Yale on Friday. I'm glad you guys keep me on my toes. Also, waiting to hear from Columbia.

Yes, it is here:

Congrats on your UGA interview! I am happy for you... and nervous for myself. I'm hoping they just haven't made their calls about sculpture yet :/ Let us know how it goes!!!

Congrats to all, and good luck! Any tips for anxiety control? If my blood pressure goes up any further, my eyes might pop out of my head. I don't want that to happen--eyes are good tools for visual artists :)

I definitely need some anxiety control tips myself.

the only thing i can recommend right now is to play this online game:

http://gambolio.com/#/game-play:7731/

Hello, everyone! I just registered but have been reading this forum for a while throughout the application process. Now that it's ~*February*~ I'm starting to freak out for real. It's bad, you guys. I'm waiting to hear from MICA, SAIC, RISD, and Columbia.

Waiting...

This has been a rough influence on my work. It has all been hectic lately and a bit more frenetic. Anyone else noticing trends in their current work?

I recently lost my studio access as well, so I've made maybe two dinky little drawings in the past month... it feels like I'm at this critical impasse, and I can't make new work until I get an answer. It doesn't matter what that answer is, but I have to know!

Edited by canarybones

Hello, everyone! I just registered but have been reading this forum for a while throughout the application process. Now that it's ~*February*~ I'm starting to freak out for real. It's bad, you guys. I'm waiting to hear from MICA, SAIC, RISD, and Columbia.

always good to have someone new join the freak out ... :blink: what MICA program did you apply to?

Wow that's awesome both of you were accepted and found out today! I am sure having an acceptance early on will help take a little anxiety away as you await the rest of the results. Seriously, congratulations!!

From what it looks like Yale will start sending out rejection emails this Friday so I am rather anxious to say the least. Heard from Stanford today that they are missing one of my transcripts. I took that as good news, figured this late they wouldn't email me about it if they already knew they were rejecting me lol.

how did you hear this about Yale?

how did you hear this about Yale?

I'm not basing it on science, just on when they started giving out rejections in previous years. So it could not be Friday at all, I was just saying last year on the first Friday of Feb people started getting rejections so it's making me anxious because we might be getting them this Friday.

Well, if NONE of us get rejection emails tomorrow, we'll know that we either all made it past the first round eliminations or the rejection emails are coming at a later date. Ha.

Has anyone done a Skype interview for grad school before?

Lol I seriously hope none of us get rejection emails tomorrow and all because we made it past the first round.

I've never interviewed for grad school (Skype or otherwise) but it seems like it would be slightly easier than in person!

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum as well...very excited/anxious to start hearing back from schools. I saw from the forum last year that many heard back from their top choices in mid-April....and I do hope it does not take that long for us!

On top of actually getting in I am nervous about funding...school is expensive! But so worth it!

I recently lost my studio access as well, so I've made maybe two dinky little drawings in the past month... it feels like I'm at this critical impasse, and I can't make new work until I get an answer. It doesn't matter what that answer is, but I have to know!

I totally understand this...completing these applications pretty much wiped out my creative capacity. I think it's ok to rest and absorb new artistic stimuli.

Well, if NONE of us get rejection emails tomorrow, we'll know that we either all made it past the first round eliminations or the rejection emails are coming at a later date. Ha.

Zactly! Sure hope that's the case...I have two schools on my list that seem to have sent out their rejections and some acceptances, so hopefully I (and we!) will get in the second "round" :)

Zactly! Sure hope that's the case...I have two schools on my list that seem to have sent out their rejections and some acceptances, so hopefully I (and we!) will get in the second "round" :)

I like this attitude! It's so early still.