MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

So, I realize the job outlook for post-secondary art teachers isn't that great if you want to teach at a large university afterwards, but does anyone know the general outlook for the lower tiers...such as community colleges and small private universities? Is it equally dismal? Just curious...

Yes, it is equally dismal for any full time positions. Adjunct positions aren't terribly hard to get, but its usually one class, no benefits, and you usually have to do them in whatever city you are already in. So if your in a small city or town, adjunct positions can be hard to find.

Edited by michaelwebster

were recommendations optional for UCLA, or did they just not want them -

They call the three people you list on the app as contacts if they are interested in you.

Edited by OutWest

Some of the schools I was looking into didn't have an official day for visits, they just let you schedule a time to come during the fall term. Others only let you come on a specific visit day. It all depends I suppose on the school.

I was rejected from Yale as well - but I was impressed with how on point they were with last years letters. I'm surpised I'm not upset. I must not really have wanted it that much. I'm sure we will all find a place that will be a great match for each of us.

Congrats Corn Chowder!!!

Got an interview at Yale!! I was taken by surprise how excited I was. I also thought I definitely didnt get in since I only received an email prompting me to check my status.

Congrats on getting interviews guys and good luck.

I don't know about you guys but rejections make my gut turn weird. You get all excited and the adrenalin starts pumping as you load the page. The page loads, you click the link, and BAM!!! REJECTED!!!

I forgot what is was like to hear back from schools. Been since undergrad.

Edited by TheZane

Rejected by Yale. Received request for interview by SFAI.

Congrats on SFAI. Your portfolio deffinetly deserves it. Your work in the subways, trains, and stations is prety remarcable. I enjoy you aproach to capturing structure especially with respect to platforms, staircases, and tunnels.