MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

congrats, gumbojoe!

i was looking at last years thread, and some people were notified via email feb 16th that they made it through the first round of admissions without the indication of an interview for tyler painting. sounds like they definitely wanted you!

edited: i have applied to tyler painting and have not heard from them.

Edited by whoisit

Is it typical of a school's financial aid office to contact you about "interest in apply for student financial aid" when you haven't been accepted to the school...yet?

I did fill out my financial aid about a week ago with all of my schools listed on there. I wonder if it's just an automatic email. if so, false hope. :(

Is it typical of a school's financial aid office to contact you about "interest in apply for student financial aid" when you haven't been accepted to the school...yet?

I did fill out my financial aid about a week ago with all of my schools listed on there. I wonder if it's just an automatic email. if so, false hope. :(

Unfortunately I don't think that is an indication of them accepting you (though in your case I hope I'm wrong!). I know I had to fill out a detailed financial aid form for Columbia, but it emphasized that this was standard for all applicants (accepted or not). I think most financial aid departments and schools request you to have in your FAFSA and other financial aid info by mid-February, which is of course before most schools even notify students of their admission decision. Then again..I could be wrong. I hope you get in regardless Edited by gumbojoe

As far as stress relief tactics...for me it was staying off this forum. Ha! But after reading the last few pages my heart is racing so fast. But, I figured out what I am going to do with myself if I don't get to go this year:

http://www.christojeanneclaude.net/prog_river.shtml

Christo's Over The River Project 2012, soon to be hiring workers

...just kidding, I don't want to think about what I'll do with myself if I don't get accepted.

Has anyone heard from UW - Madison in printmaking or is it only sculpture that has sent decisions out?

Also - how did you all add your schools to the bottom of your posts? I am new here!

Edited by bicoastal

Has anyone heard from UW - Madison in printmaking or is it only sculpture that has sent decisions out?

Also - how did you all add your schools to the bottom of your posts? I am new here!

go to "My Settings" (its one of the options when you click on your name in the top right corner) and then click on the "Signature" tab. hope that helps!

welcome!

does anyone else have google analytics? Its quite interesting as you can see the exact location of people viewing your site, and I can assume certain times some schools may be accessing, although its guessing really!

does anyone else have google analytics? Its quite interesting as you can see the exact location of people viewing your site, and I can assume certain times some schools may be accessing, although its guessing really!

Yes I've been checking my stats too. By the way your "seven short, one long" series is spectacular. My favorite Is the one where you are dressed up like the shark.

So nervous this morning :) I applied to a lot of programs and so far have only received one thing back: Yale rejection! I just want to know ASAP!!! (I especially want that ONE acceptance-then I'll breathe)

Anyone have any inside info? I know, for instance, that Rutgers doesn't meet up until the 17th to make final decisions for the first round so take it easy if you are holding your breath for that one...

I'm so happy yall are here. It makes this whole thing easier.

Does anyone know when Columbia makes decisions? I applied for painting but interested in any info.

I have been lurking for a while, but I also must say that I am so glad this forum exists. It's been invaluable.

For those who got interviews at Yale: I speak for myself (and perhaps others) when I say that I'd be interested to see your work, if your comfortable showing us. I'm curious as to the aesthetic they are looking for.

Meanwhile, I must find ways to bide the time . . .

Edited by miyamoto81

Just discovered Tyler & UNT don't have my transcripts and are reviewing within the next week or so. They won't accept a fax of the transcripts and I thought I didn't have any more extras left over to send them, so I cried.

Luckily, I found some extra transcripts I had ordered for emergencies! YAY

This process is so emotionally draining.

i don't know how accurate this is but a user in another thread (who isn't applying to MFA programs) said his friend already got an acceptance from NYU's MFA (steinhardt). Has anyone heard anything from them?

link?