MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

sorry, did we decide that if someone else here has received an e-mail about going for an interview, but I haven't, that it's a no? It seems like those e-mails would all go out the same day.

Depends on the program. Some interview all candidates they're seriously considering, but I was wait listed last year at one of my top choices sans interview...which totally doesn't help cause then you hear nothing and are in mega-limbo.

Do anyone know if Calarts povide any scholarhip or financial aid to international appliant?

Thanks

Hi creamypencil,

I am also an international student (based in Asia as well) applying into CalArts. I share your concerns regarding long-distance interview and scholarship.

This is what CalArts has to say about financial aid for international students:

http://calarts.edu/financial-aid/international-students

We have to create and submit a CSS Profile by March 2nd.

Best of luck.

I hope my SAIC interview is lost in the mail...

The painting and drawing department is far and away the largest at the school- it would take longer for all of the submissions to be reviewed which would in turn delay the date that interview requests are sent out. Unless all of the departments are coordinated and send out requests on the same date.

I hope my SAIC interview is lost in the mail...

I wouldn't worry... when I was talking to admissions back in late Jan. in regards to a delayed recommendation, they said that the Writing Department is one of the first to be reviewed. So it seems that each Department has its own time schedule.

Is everyone who receiving the letter of interviews living in US?

I haven't heard from them yet, I don't know if it is because I live

in Canada and it will take a few more days to receive the letter or not.

Did they send the notice by letter, email or phone call?

Hi, congrats! I don't think it matters if you live in Canada - since the letters are sent via email. I live in Israel, and got invitations from Yale and Mica's MFA graphic design programs on the day everyone else did. Exactly because of that I'm terribly nervous from not hearing yet from CalArts... Although it does seem that people got invitations from other departments. So I'm hoping their MFA GD are just slow in decisions :]

Hi, congrats! I don't think it matters if you live in Canada - since the letters are sent via email. I live in Israel, and got invitations from Yale and Mica's MFA graphic design programs on the day everyone else did. Exactly because of that I'm terribly nervous from not hearing yet from CalArts... Although it does seem that people got invitations from other departments. So I'm hoping their MFA GD are just slow in decisions :]

Is everyone who receiving the letter of interviews living in US?

I haven't heard from them yet, I don't know if it is because I live

in Canada and it will take a few more days to receive the letter or not.

Did they send the notice by letter, email or phone call?

Letters from SAIC are sent by post. It depends on the program. (this is unfortunate for us international students who get them later!) Also in most schools, different departments send their responses at different times. So until someone hears back from Calarts GD, you have nothing to worry about Song.

Edited by kazoo

Sweeeeet. Just got an interview request for UCLA!

I got accepted into University of Illinois' MFA Photo program! FULL RIDE AND NOMINATED FOR A FELLOWSHIP. Started crying when they told me. Well, I still am.

Good luck to everyone well else and great job to all those with interviews and offers!

Congratulations to both of you! I had to take a break from posting on here for a while in order to keep sane and put myself together and it's really refreshing to come in and read such awesome news!

Congratulations to both of you! I had to take a break from posting on here for a while in order to keep sane and put myself together and it's really refreshing to come in and read such awesome news!

I'm a finalist at Tyler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So SO happy

@tysonr2: Many thanks! Wish me luck

@kazoo: Awesome! Get it :)