MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

good luck! I'd love to know what to expect!

Well I just finished the interview, and I think my nervousness came through a little bit, I got tongue tied in certain places. Annoyingly my laptop's camera wouldn't work, so I could see the interviewer but they couldn't see me. I got all the basic questions like, why did I want to attend the program, do you have any questions for us, etc. and the rest were based on my portfolio and statement. The interviewer said that my portfolio was rated highly by the admissions board and that I was likely to be on the admit list, so I am really relieved about that. All in all it was pretty taxing to my nerves, and I got overly anxious, but I think it went okay overall.

Hola everyone,

Sorry to all that got negative Bard responses today!

I did too... whatevs <_<

Does anyone know when Columbia, Hunter, NYU are likely to get out there decisions? I think it might be by the end of this week, but figured someone here might be in the know.

Does anyone know when Columbia, Hunter, NYU are likely to get out there decisions? I think it might be by the end of this week, but figured someone here might be in the know.

It's hard to say when we will hear from these schools. I am very curious to know too. Based on what I read in previous years forums we may be hearing from NYU sometime this week, and maybe Hunter in the next week or so. Columbia seems to be pretty late with notifications from what I can tell. If we are rejected, it looks like all three schools might not notify about that until mid to late March, even early April.

Anyone know for sure about this?

Last year folks got a rejection from NYU on the morning of February 22 - although an interview wasn't posted until February 25 - so yeah, we may hear something this week from them

As for Columbia, a couple people got a call from them on February 25 informing them of an interview - and you might not hear any kind of rejection until April.

called UCLA this afternoon - they said decisions go out mid March for sculpture - also I asked about interviews, they said sometimes they call the applicants but not always ... so idk

Edited by R. Mutt

I have flights booked to go to MICA then SAIC and then off to London to RCA.. it would suck if Hunter wants me to come interview sometime mid-march.. I'd need to cancel and change the London flight back to my home in SF...... !

I don't think this is very considerate of people who haven't heard from any schools! You should be proud of getting those interviews, congratulations, and its great you have the opportunity to travel to your interviews.

I'm sure most candidates wouldn't think it "sucks" if they were asked to interview at hunter.

good luck!

I don't think this is very considerate of people who haven't heard from any schools! You should be proud of getting those interviews, congratulations, and its great you have the opportunity to travel to your interviews.

I'm sure most candidates wouldn't think it "sucks" if they were asked to interview at hunter.

good luck!

Yeah, I have to agree that that post comes across as a bit conceited, but I'm sure JC didn't mean it in that way...but, it would be tough to get all of that in line as flights from the West coast to London aren't cheap. JC - just tell Hunter, if they want to interview you, what your situation is and I'm sure they'd be happy to phone/Skype you in...and, mind your post's wording, as it is an "emotionally charged" atmosphere on this site due to obvious reasons! <3

eek that was weird timing with the other post!! JC, Hunter said "interview day" is March 10, not sure if it's the same for everybody.

Appli-can, thanks! good luck to you too and everyone else!

I haven't posted much but I would be so lost without this forum, thanks all.

Longtime lurker, 1st time commenter...

Has anyone heard from UIC?

I went to UIC last week and the woman I talked to in admissions said that between now and the end of the month the faculty would be making their decisions and around the first week of March we'd be hearing via e-mail.

I went to UIC last week and the woman I talked to in admissions said that between now and the end of the month the faculty would be making their decisions and around the first week of March we'd be hearing via e-mail.

That's really helpful! Thank you so much!

Which programs did you get accepted to /interviews for at SAIC? (If you don't mind sharing!)

I was accepted into Art and Tech and have interviews with Sculpture and Fibers. I'm pretty stinkin' excited.