MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

I have an interview today with the visual studies program. I am pretty excited!! I have a friend in the Collob MFA and she really likes it.

good luck with the interview.....the collob program seems really great but the price tag is outrageous. did your friend recieve a good funding package??

Got the email requesting a phone conversation (interview) from The University of Oregon this morning. (sculpture)

scheduled for next week.

I. AM.BEYOND.EXCITED!

for thos waiting for UW sculpture, they told me espect notifications first two weeks in March.

congratulations!... I feel the same and one of my recent post in my facebook status was "I'm the happiest person on the planet right now" (after the first three responses I got so far)...

I'm applying to their painting and drawing program. I was told to expect a mailed response by sometime around the first couple weeks of March.

Thanks! The Photo details say the same, but I saw an old post from someone that received acceptance for Photo via email around mid-Feb. However, there's not too much info about UNM on this forum. It seems not a lot of people apply to the program.

Hello everybody freaking out-

Has any one applied to RISD's MFA in Photography? Heard anything? Have any clue what there time line is like?

I've applied 3 schools:

Yale - denied

CalArts - interview

RISD - no news yet

Thanks fellow those of worry

I applied as well and I know they have sent interview notifications. I just checked my application status and it says that I have incomplete items outstanding of which I am sure have been sent. I emailed the head of graduate studies but have not heard back.

Damn, you're sure they sent painting notifications already? I know some people in sculpture have gotten theirs. Guess that's not good news for me.

I applied as well and I know they have sent interview notifications. I just checked my application status and it says that I have incomplete items outstanding of which I am sure have been sent. I emailed the head of graduate studies but have not heard back.

Yeap... I just logged in (after seeing your post) and my application status says the same... I emailed the graduate dept. asking if they can tell me what's up (whether I'm really missing anything).

Have either of you attended a community college or have transfer credits from another school ? Early in January I called to see if they had received everything and they said they were waiting on a transcript from my community college ( I dropped the ball and didn't think in was needed because those grades from cc were posted on my 4 year universities transcript and i never even attended , only took the classes through my high school ) but i sent it in , knowing it was going to be late, and on their banner app said they received it on the 23rd of jan. Admissions told me it wouldn't be an issue it being over a week late...but it still worried me.

Have either of you attended a community college or have transfer credits from another school ? Early in January I called to see if they had received everything and they said they were waiting on a transcript from my community college ( I dropped the ball and didn't think in was needed because those grades from cc were posted on my 4 year universities transcript and i never even attended , only took the classes through my high school ) but i sent it in , knowing it was going to be late, and on their banner app said they received it on the 23rd of jan. Admissions told me it wouldn't be an issue it being over a week late...but it still worried me.

Yes, they are missing a cc transcript, which every other school got, and two letters of rec, which every other school received. I called and got nowhere, just an email for the head of graduate studies. I hope this doesn't deter my chances.

Did you get an interview? What media?

Has anyone been accepted without an interview? If so, where?

What am I expect in an interview? My interview at Northwestern is only 20 mins., is it normal to have a time cap?

Yes, I got into UCSB sans interview, but have ones with two other schools...I think you can expect people to be quick with their questions, but quite courteous and even nice. I think the questions are pretty straight forward: Why did you approach the problem this way? What were you thinking when you used this or that material? Who are some of the artists you feel the greatest affinity with (dropping the correct name of a work or works you like in particular helps as well)? The timing can range to maybe five minutes over "regulation" if the conversation is flowing...generally, it's been a good experience, so don't sweat it! If you get one prof or grad student that pummels you (I have heard of this happening, but have not experienced it...yet), just stick to being calm and answer to the best of your ability...they'll probably be more interested in HOW you respond, rather than looking for a right or wrong answer...good luck!!

Got the email requesting a phone conversation (interview) from The University of Oregon this morning. (sculpture)

scheduled for next week.

I. AM.BEYOND.EXCITED!

for thos waiting for UW sculpture, they told me espect notifications first two weeks in March.

This is great news!!! Congratulations!!

I think it's time I finally chimed in!

I also applied to VCU for painting and have not heard anything as of yet. I noticed that the people who have posted and heard back from VCU were not painters. I just checked my status online and it says "Complete ready for review". I think that means there is still hope for us! =) Fingers crossed...

Huzzah! This is my first response and I have a skype interview with OCAD next week! Now to figure out how to use Skype...

If I were you, I would get a good friend to do a 'practice' skype interview with you. I did it to practice and it really helped, since it is just so difference to be yourself and articulate in front of a screen.

Anyone here apply to RISD for painting?

I got a letter requesting more info for financial aid, but I haven't had an email about an interview yet

(i saw that a few others had received emails for an interview from different departments- not painting)

what does this mean? anything?

has this happened to anyone else?

scheduled for next week.

I. AM.BEYOND.EXCITED!

SO GREAT FOR YOU! Knock 'em dead! UO is my first choice, I'm hoping to hear something for painting soon!

GOOD LUCK!

Anyone here apply to RISD for painting?

I got a letter requesting more info for financial aid, but I haven't had an email about an interview yet

(i saw that a few others had received emails for an interview from different departments- not painting)

what does this mean? anything?

has this happened to anyone else?

I too applied to RISD painting, but haven't heard anything so far!

Yes, I got into UCSB sans interview, but have ones with two other schools...I think you can expect people to be quick with their questions, but quite courteous and even nice. I think the questions are pretty straight forward: Why did you approach the problem this way? What were you thinking when you used this or that material? Who are some of the artists you feel the greatest affinity with (dropping the correct name of a work or works you like in particular helps as well)? The timing can range to maybe five minutes over "regulation" if the conversation is flowing...generally, it's been a good experience, so don't sweat it! If you get one prof or grad student that pummels you (I have heard of this happening, but have not experienced it...yet), just stick to being calm and answer to the best of your ability...they'll probably be more interested in HOW you respond, rather than looking for a right or wrong answer...good luck!!

Thank you so much! This helps a lot.

Also, did you have a friend who also has an interview at Northwestern?

anyone hear anything from ucla painting yet?

No news here. I'm just assuming I'm going to be rejected so maybe I can trick myself into not thinking about it for another week or two. Not working so far :P

Edit-- any word on UC irvine?

Edited by caus

I think it's time I finally chimed in!

I also applied to VCU for painting and have not heard anything as of yet. I noticed that the people who have posted and heard back from VCU were not painters. I just checked my status online and it says "Complete ready for review". I think that means there is still hope for us! =) Fingers crossed...

Awesome to hear! I obsessively check my application status like 3x a day, and it says exactly the same thing, "Complete ready for review." I think if it actually ever changes, I might have a heart attack.