MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Just finished my phone interview. But mine was for photo which may be very different than for painting. Was pretty laid back with a single professor. She did ask a few tough questions about my work but was pretty chill overall. At the end she said she was going to recommend my acceptance. Pretty cool as its a great school. However, money is going to be an issue as I got a killer offer at OSU. Zecchi's Jerry Maguire movie post was apt - "Show me the money." :) I'd rather have money placed in my pocket while going to school than have money going out via debt.

my sfai interview isnt until the 14th march :-/

hello

it's nice to have company out there during this ancy time period and wanted to contribute.

uci - interview

ucla new genres - interview

waitin' on usc

UCLA interview - congrats! That a big deal. Good luck!

That's a long time to wait. They must be very busy. I spoke with Linda Connor. I was terrified for a second because I've heard she can be scary to some students. But she was kind and cool and I think we bonded a bit over our shared love of cat's. :) So far, all the phone interviews have been just pleasant chats about photography and my work. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Fool4nine

By the way - I think your work is really good and conceptually strong. I'll bet you could have gotten into Yale or RISD or SAIC. If you don't accept somewhere, I suggest you reapply next year but to a lot more programs including those top programs.

Congrats to everyone, this week is going to be exciting I can feel it! My interview with MassArt is in two days and I'm feeling the nerves kick in! Super excited to visit Boston again though and see the Museum of Fine Arts. Hope everyone has a fruitful, inspiring week!

Congrats to everyone, this week is going to be exciting I can feel it! My interview with MassArt is in two days and I'm feeling the nerves kick in! Super excited to visit Boston again though and see the Museum of Fine Arts. Hope everyone has a fruitful, inspiring week!

Good luck on your interview. I still haven't heard anything from MassArt. Perhaps I've been wait listed. It's making me anxious.

All the best,

Deep breaths and enjoy Boston.

Ok, I called VCU Sculpture - they said they're still working on interview requests and will be sending them out over the next couple of weeks.

These timelines are terrible. UCLA told me that I would hear something again in March or April!

Make sure to also check out the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston (if you haven't already). I love that city--have fun!

No one applied to PNCA in Portland Oregon? Just Curious.

I applied for the collob mfa with OCAC -Applied Art and Craft etc etc etc. They said usually around 6 weeks after the deadline they let aplicants know their decesion.

By the way - I think your work is really good and conceptually strong. I'll bet you could have gotten into Yale or RISD or SAIC. If you don't accept somewhere, I suggest you reapply next year but to a lot more programs including those top programs.

thanks so much! I'd love it if you can critique my work if you think there are any issues you think I may be questioned so I'nm porepared, I understand youre probably really busy though. I'm applying through Fulbright so I had to choose 4 MFA courses (I'm from the UK) and have really been looking for places which have opportunities for funding for international scholars. I'm also getting married and would like to be somewhere where my partner would enjoy, with a busy life and coastal ideally too.

Skype interview with SFAI's painting program in about 30 minutes! I am very nervous!

good luck! I'd love to know what to expect!