MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

I have an interview at Hunter College on 3/17, so excited, anyone else interviewing there? (painting)

Congratulations! Very exciting!

When and how did you find out? I think you are the first to post about painting here.

Edited by kazoo

I'm also interviewing at hunter, I got an email about it last week.

I'm quite nervous about it, this is my third time applying to schools and hunter is at the top of my list. Thank goodness for this forum...such a relief to see the amount of support being offered.

@kazoo although I don't write much on here I really appreciate reading your posts, i find them very uplifting :)

I'm quite nervous about it, this is my third time applying to schools and hunter is at the top of my list. Thank goodness for this forum...such a relief to see the amount of support being offered.

@kazoo although I don't write much on here I really appreciate reading your posts, i find them very uplifting :)

Thank you patience! I don't feel very uplifting, i'm so anxious for something to work out! but I really do get happy when other people get good news and post it here and I can tell that they are excited.

I echo sali's question, what department did you apply to? i'm so glad that your persistence is paying off, best of luck for your interview!!

CalArts has Art & Technology program.. how is it..?

There are a couple things going on there with art and tech, and they seem to be very interesting:

http://art.calarts.edu/programs/art-and-technology

(an MFA degree)

http://calarts.edu/academics/programs-and-degrees/integrated-media

(a supplemental coursework option that you can combine with other degree granting dept's)

Hope this helps!

There are a couple things going on there with art and tech, and they seem to be very interesting:

http://art.calarts.e...-and-technology

(an MFA degree)

http://calarts.edu/a...ntegrated-media

(a supplemental coursework option that you can combine with other degree granting dept's)

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

They seemed launched Art & Tech dept. only 3yrs ago.. CalArts has reputation from Film and Media program.

Thanks!

They seemed launched Art & Tech dept. only 3yrs ago.. CalArts has reputation from Film and Media program.

Sounds right :) I know that the Integrated Media aspect (that was often popular for Film and Media peeps) has been around for quite awhile now...I heard it is getting better, but in the past had difficulty (as most anything "media arts" -like does) in being listened to by the traditional arts people.

Congrats! Go Get 'em!

Happy Sunday everyone... the one day we don't have to check the mail constantly, lol.

...lol, leave it to Harmony-Korine to make a strange/disturbing video to accompany a pretty straight forward song.

I haven't heard from any of the schools where I applied. Not University of New Mexico, not University of Washington (Seattle) not University of Oregon. MFA painting. no emails, no phone calls to interview, no letters in the mail. I am anxious, especially hearing that UNM sent out letters last week. Website at all 3 schools says the same thing... Awaiting response. My family says, no news is good news... All and all, I am happy I tried and I am glad I went through this process. My first choice is UO, if I do not get in this year, hopefully I will next time.

If any of you get into UO for painting and drawing, please let me know. I would love to connect with you.

Yeah, haven't heard form UO either...I think I remember a recent post here about a week ago from someone that said they received a request for an interview, but nothing else from others...best of luck!

I haven't heard from any of the schools where I applied. Not University of New Mexico, not University of Washington (Seattle) not University of Oregon. MFA painting. no emails, no phone calls to interview, no letters in the mail. I am anxious, especially hearing that UNM sent out letters last week. Website at all 3 schools says the same thing... Awaiting response. My family says, no news is good news... All and all, I am happy I tried and I am glad I went through this process. My first choice is UO, if I do not get in this year, hopefully I will next time.

If any of you get into UO for painting and drawing, please let me know. I would love to connect with you.

UO is my first choice for painting too. I haven't heard anything, and I've read from previous posts on this forum that it's late March when decisions go out :/

I applied to 5 schools, got 1 rejection letter and one interview, and nothing from the other 3. I don't know if it's good or bad, just frustrating waiting, for sure. Hang in there, we're all in the same boat!

I have an interview at Hunter College on 3/17, so excited, anyone else interviewing there? (painting)

Yeah I actually have an interview there too for painting. Its actually on the 10th. Luckily I already got into one of my top choices, so I'm not stressed about it. Of course I know I'll still get butterflies as the interview gets closer. Goodluck to the other Hunter interviewees! I'm really looking forward to checking out the campus and current student work.

Just finished my interview as well. Went well I feel too, much more informal than I imagined and I really enjoyed the faculty that conducted the interview/crit and the students that gave the tour. Who gave you your tour?

Unfortunately I'm blanking on her name, but she was very friendly and helpful. Short, straight blond hair. Who gave you yours?

Thats good to know. I have an interview with MassArt next week. How long did it last????

It was about half an hour. Good luck!

Do anyone knows if SVA offers financial aid to international applicant?

thanks

Gosh, I'd be surprised if SVA offered aid at all!! Seriously, though, I believe in their catalogue they mention there is aid for NY residents, but little more than that. It's a very expensive school :(