MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Gosh, I'd be surprised if SVA offered aid at all!! Seriously, though, I believe in their catalogue they mention there is aid for NY residents, but little more than that. It's a very expensive school :(

I see. I really can't afford to go into this school. And I don't think SVA will accept me=(

Agreed on both points! Except I wish SAIC would just send me my thanks-but-no-thanks letter already, and I'm freaking out about my MICA interview.

Best of luck at SAIC, and have a great time in Chicago (if you're going in-person) :D I'm sure you'll knock their socks off.

Same to you! I'm sure it will go great at MICA. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions (i interviewed there last year!)

And congratulations cxxxxxxx!

Unfortunately I'm blanking on her name, but she was very friendly and helpful. Short, straight blond hair. Who gave you yours?

It was about half an hour. Good luck!

I believe the same person, unfortunately I'm blanking on her name as well. I had a good feeling about the school while walking around, some great energy floating around. Best of luck, hopefully we'll be hearing something relatively soon.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking for some time.

Big shout out to you all for sharing. I've found this all extremely stressful, and although I have not heard from any schools yet, all of your comments have been helpful in me managing my expectations.

new monday!

I really wish the schools would stop beating around the bush and just tell us if we are out. It doesn't help that I'm progressively getting more nervous about the SAIC interview...grateful, but worried!

Kazoo,

I couldn't agree more. I know that SAIC has sent out letters, and I see now that Hunter has sent out emails. Not having heard anything, I think I can safely assume I can cross off two more.

Confirmation would be so much nicer though.

I am finding it extremely difficult to get any work done, especially since I sit in front of a computer all day. Keep coming here, keep checking email, keep freaking out.

I was notified 02/08 via email that I would be interviewed (I chose to do it in person). They did all the interviews for media arts MFA in one day (about 14 of us), yesterday.

Hello OutWest

I got an email from UCLA MFA DMA admission says that they are still under on-going review, maybe that's a lie or not. confused :P

For those of you who were having trouble with VCU saying that they had incomplete items or something (I think there were a few people), I got an email today saying that somethings were not put in the correct database files and they're looking into it. So, there is still hope for those of us who are in this situation!

On another note, I am really nervous for my Northwestern interview on Friday and it helps knowing that others are going through the same thing. It is also nice to be reminded when someone said that we will end up where we are supposed to be, so true! I am really happy for those who are getting acceptances and interviews! May we all get something we are hoping for!

Spoke with Hunter today. They do their interviews in rounds as well, the first one has gone out, but there are still a few more to go!

This is interesting to hear. After reading others got interview requests already, I assumed Hunter was a no go for sure. Did you get any sort of idea about when the other rounds of interview requests may be sent?

Hello OutWest

I got an email from UCLA MFA DMA admission says that they are still under on-going review, maybe that's a lie or not. confused :P

You did?! Awesome! :) Good luck if it means you are still in the running! The grad that I talked to said they did all of the interviews at once (and this person said they were part of the review process), so it might be the potential "Waitlist" people they are contacting??? Either way, best of luck! It's a fantastic program with lots of support.

Or, of course, it could me you are indeed in the running...it's always hard to tell, but I am sure they would not waste your (or their own) time with a "lie" if they were not interested :)

Edited by OutWest

FYI for MICA Mount Royal applicants: According to their admissions office the admissions process is held up due to Frances Barth being out on medical leave. She should be back in one week. Admissions guy also said that they do their interviews in rounds, so there are more applicants still to be notified, but it seemed a little like he was making up the process as he went along, or just agreeing with what I was asking, so not sure if that's absolutely accurate.

FYI for MICA Mount Royal applicants: According to their admissions office the admissions process is held up due to Frances Barth being out on medical leave. She should be back in one week. Admissions guy also said that they do their interviews in rounds, so there are more applicants still to be notified, but it seemed a little like he was making up the process as he went along, or just agreeing with what I was asking, so not sure if that's absolutely accurate.

Oh, good, that's awesome. (Not Frances Barth being ill obviously)