MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Just wanted to pass on the word, heard some news: all painting or multidisciplinary

Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts: Accepted

UC Berkeley: Rejected

Waiting: UPenn, VCU, UNC, RISD, Rutgers, MICA (Hoffberger, Mount Royal)

Good luck everyone, and patience be with us while we wait for more news

:)

Spoke with Hunter today. They do their interviews in rounds as well, the first one has gone out, but there are still a few more to go!

You just made me happy and I'm very grateful. THANK YOU.

Edited by Appli-can

For those of you who were having trouble with VCU saying that they had incomplete items or something (I think there were a few people), I got an email today saying that somethings were not put in the correct database files and they're looking into it. So, there is still hope for those of us who are in this situation!

On another note, I am really nervous for my Northwestern interview on Friday and it helps knowing that others are going through the same thing. It is also nice to be reminded when someone said that we will end up where we are supposed to be, so true! I am really happy for those who are getting acceptances and interviews! May we all get something we are hoping for!

this actually strangely does make me feel better, even though i didnt get the email/have incomplete items, that means they are still sorting through applications, maybe not in all departments, but still...a glimmer of hope haha

You just made me happy and I'm very grateful. THANK YOU.

ditto, I was getting worried... It's reassuring to hear that some of these schools are sending out interview notices in rounds. Every Monday that goes by without fresh word is painful! Congrats to all that have heard warm news

Yeah I actually have an interview there too for painting. Its actually on the 10th. Luckily I already got into one of my top choices, so I'm not stressed about it. Of course I know I'll still get butterflies as the interview gets closer. Goodluck to the other Hunter interviewees! I'm really looking forward to checking out the campus and current student work.

Congrats on Tyler acceptance! How and when were you notified, you seem to be the first person on this forum whose gotten their acceptance notice?

Nice! Guess that interview went really well afterall. Congratulations

Lol, I guess so! Thanks so much

Hey! How did you get notified? email? mail?

Thanks!

Email...it was an automated one that told me to check my application status...makes the heart skip some beats while fumbling trying to remember what email address you used along with password, lol

Also, they gave me a half ride scholarship for tuition in first year, and we TA for some extra living $$$...then, one is up for a full tuition schol. in the second year...it's a terrific deal for such a potentially expensive school!

Edited by OutWest

Lol, I guess so! Thanks so much

Email...it was an automated one that told me to check my application status...makes the heart skips some beats while fumbling trying to remember what email address you used along with password, lol

Thank you! and congratulations!

Received my SAIC rejection today (letter mail) with the offer to join their One Year Post-Bacc program...

Well, I'm really not sure about that, so at this point will wait till the end of all notifications (still 7 to go) to make a decision...Oh well, win some, loose some.

Congratulations to all the folks getting acceptances, looks like it's all happening right now...

Has anyone heard anything positive from UNM...MFA painting (or otherwise)? I have heard a few received letters last week with not so great news. I haven't heard anything and I called today. I was told my letter went out today and I should receive it by end of week. They wouldn't tell me any news over the phone which worries me. There is always still hope...

Hey Everyone! So, I got an acceptance letter from Rutgers today via snail mail! I'm super excited, and I just wanted to spread the word since I believe I may be the first one? Be on the lookout! Best of luck to all of you!

Hey Everyone! So, I got an acceptance letter from Rutgers today via snail mail! I'm super excited, and I just wanted to spread the word since I believe I may be the first one? Be on the lookout! Best of luck to all of you!

THAT IS AWESOME! Congratulations! What a great school!

On another note, RISD has gone way out of their way emailing me back and forth and sending me letter mail in addressing an issue with my FAFSA... This has kept me with my hopes up, but I know it's probably just procedural stuff...

Sounds like good news to me!

Is the new rejection letter a school sending you their graduate program catalog? Are they just playing with my heart strings, what even?!

not sure if you were asking me that, but yes, I got a "rejection letter" from SAIC but with an offer to their Post Bacc Certificate (and I got a graduate program packet, box thing as well...

I'm keeping my three professors that wrote letters of recommendation on my behalf informed and shot an email to them immediately and this is what one of them replied to me:

"

hey ol'spice

The SAIC has made the same offer to several of my students in the past, the ones that have taken them up on it were not dissapointed. The MFA program there is a 2 year program so the extra year is just turning it to a 3 year program which is often a better way to go because 2 years goes by so very fast.

Best

your teacher"

now I'm totally reconsidering everything... The letter stated that I'd be assigned studio space among the graduate students...