BioE/ChemE Decisions

freshprince

Ditto on the crazyness factor. What the hell happened this week? I didn't see much action for BME at all, and as the week came to a close I was sure something was going to happen.... nada. I applied to 12 schools and have only heard from 1.... they sure are taking their time this year. Anyone think it has anything to do with the economy and they are waiting around to see if they are going to get funding?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a note to all the people still waiting on UCSD.

I called them today (again) and the person told me that the committee is again meeting today. But the committee has already sent out invites for interviews for the students they want to have at UCSD. For the others, the committee has made decisions and is going to be sending out official rejections soon and a couple students may be put on the waitlist but the ones on the waitlist won't know till late March/early April about admissions as it depends only if the the admitted students decline UCSD.

So there is another reject pretty much...

to The_student:

I don't know that because they sent interview invites, that the people who are getting these are automatically in. They must also have a good interview and their admittance is contingent upon it. Isn't that right? You implied that the person in the admissions office believes that the people going to be interviewed are technically accepted. Correct me if I'm wrong?

If i am right, then you still have chances if they are going to be rejecting interviewees.

Hey guys,

Just got rejected by Berkeley this morning. Found a lovely standard business envelope that probably weighed nothing sitting on my counter. Immediately knew it was a rejection, but had to open it and read "We are sorry..." anyways.

Good luck to the rest of you that applied to Berkeley!

Freshprince: Yes, that is what it seems like. From what the person at the Grad office said was they have called all the 'potential' students for interviews. So even if they reject some interviewees they will still have students to fill up the seats for 2009.

I am not keeping any hopes on UCSD, waiting on MIT now !

Good luck with your interview !

So has anyone heard from MIT yet?

I had received an email two weeks ago stating my application is complete and under review, decisions to be made mid-late February. Just wondering if they have started sending out any invites/rejects yet.

I wish I could just fast forward time till April so that I don't have to wait anymore. Can't even decide plans for spring break till MIT gets back :(

I can't believe how slow the last week was and this week seems equally slow so far....what is going on?? Are all the invites given out from all BME schools??? I am getting really nervous now...I've given up on Duke...I just hope and pray that I hear from Carnegie Mellon and UC Irvine...this waiting and stress are beginning to affect my mental and physical health in not a good way...lol!!

Tati: Congrats on the UMD accept!!

Applied: GA Tech, John Hopkins, Duke, WUSTL, UC Irvine, Carnegie Mellon

Accepted:

Denied: Johns Hopkins, WUSTL, (and pretty sure I'm rejected in GA Tech)

just got an invite to ucla open house... it doesn't say anything about an interview... informal presentations and we can set up our own talks with professors that we are interested in... does everyone get this?? or is this just there way of giving out 'interviews' ... wehave until 2/27 to let them know if i'm going for 3/6 Friday... any thoughts??

Hey Dove, I'm looking at targeted drug and gene delivery. I'm not sure which weekend I'm going yet. I'm still holding onto the hope that I'll hear back from some more programs by the end of the week so I have a better idea of what my schedule looks like.

dabears: I was accepted to Rice for BME and got the same email. I think the online rec letter system must be new and they sent that email to everyone by default. My letters were sent thru snail mail (because their website said this was the only option at the time), so I just disregarded that email.