BioE/ChemE Decisions

freshprince

ealkjhljha: I hear you!! you have one acceptance though...I have none and only bad news so far....I'm getting really really worried at the prospect of not getting in anywhere...:(

Applied: JHU, WUSTL, GA Tech, Duke, CMU, UCI

Rejected: Johns Hopkins University, Washington University in St. Louis

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, my firstr Interview Invitation!!! I don't think I've ever been happier to see a new email in my inbox....I had almost prepared for a rejection from GA Tech...it suprised me to see an invite....

Applied: JHU, WUSTL, GA Tech, Duke, CMU, UCI

Interview: Georgia Tech

Rejected: Johns Hopkins University, Washington University in St. Louis

well i am international student applying for ChE PhD in Purdue.

One of my friends said she got the ad email today, but I haven't heard anything from Purdue yet.

I know there is only one secretary dealing with the application stuff there.

Would it be the no-news reason?

The friend is nice, but not so great in her application. I think mine is as good as hers or even better.

Would it be possible for both of us getting the ad?

I even contacted the professor in Purdue who is really prestigious, and I know she didn't.

I just want to know why.... (sigh)

It makes me nervous.

Hi all..

sorry for late post.. applied in Chem E ...Got admit from U Wisc with full funding.. (fee waiver + RA) . but rejects from stan, berk and princeton...

does any1 know if result of MIT is out? ( am an international student).

@the_student

are you an international student or american ?? m asking you this because a guy from my country got admit from mit. and they said to me admission committee is still reviewing my application. and that they will tell me soon about the status.

could any1 tell me whats going on there? :o

Here are my results so far for Chem E PhD applications:

Princeton: Accepted on Jan 29

Berkeley: Accepted on Dec 18

CalTech: Accepted on Feb 20

Stanford: Rejected on Feb 18

MIT: Waiting

MIT told me this week they were still reviewing and I would hear from them "shortly." I am going bonkers. Does anyone here have an answer from MIT Chem E yet? I keep hearing people on forums say they "know" people that have been accepted or rejected, yet I have not heard one single person on a forum state that they themselves have received an answer.

The_Student: Thanks for the wishes...yes I guess will see each other in Atlanta! I'll send you a PM later on...Did you find out anything about the chances of being admitted after the interviews from anyone?? Any statistics on how many get acceptances after the interviews? I'm very nervous about the interviews...

Also, do any of you know if Carnegie mellon sent out invites for BME yet? Since no one posting on this forum seems to have applied there for BME, I thought one of you guys might have friends who applied there?? This not knowing is killing me...at least if I know that some one has heard back, I would know what to expect...let me know if you guys know anything!!

Waiting_it_out - From what I have heard about Gatech it depends on the students they plan on taking. Last year it was 28, but the year before that it was only 8 students. I am keeping my fingers crossed that a lot of people graduate this year and we all stand a chance!

I don't have any ideas about CMU but if I get any info will let you know.

waiting_it_out: Good news is that you can probably relax, because I've heard from a couple of people (one a current grad student at GTech) that the interview process is more heavily focused on "recruitment" and that the point of the interviews is really to choose a lab. According to the person in charge of all the recruiting weekends, the people who get rejected are typically those that absolutely cannot find any labs they want to work in. I think this info is fairly reliable, since I've heard it from multiple people. Hope this helps! And I'll see you there.

Rejected by Caltech today.

Here's my list to date, it's pretty bad:

Cornell - Accepted

Caltech Rejected

Berkeley - Rejected

Stanford - Rejected

Santa Barbara - Rejected

MIT - ???

I'm somewhat surprised because my recommenders, two of them that went to grad school at Caltech, said I had a pretty good chance and would definitely get accepted to half the schools I applied to. Yet, as it seems, I am only going to be accepted to one, and it was the one I added at the last minute just to round out my list.

Is this year just rough? Or is my application just bad...

Rejected by Caltech today.

Here's my list to date, it's pretty bad:

Cornell - Accepted

Caltech Rejected

Berkeley - Rejected

Stanford - Rejected

Santa Barbara - Rejected

MIT - ???

I'm somewhat surprised because my recommenders, two of them that went to grad school at Caltech, said I had a pretty good chance and would definitely get accepted to half the schools I applied to. Yet, as it seems, I am only going to be accepted to one, and it was the one I added at the last minute just to round out my list.

Is this year just rough? Or is my application just bad...

I'm sure this year's rougher than most considering the state of the economy - fewer companies hiring means more applicants to grad programs, I'd wager.

Congrats on getting in to Cornell, though - great school. Could you post your GPA/GRE scores and research experience? In fact, it'd be really helpful if you could post your stats on the stickied thread at the top of the forum. Thanks :)