Collective Scream of Anticipation

deianira

Yes, we're all frustrated with waiting for invitations/acceptances/rejections. No, there is nothing we can do to get to the finish line faster. Except scream - haven't you wanted to just scream and get the frustration out? Well, I can't do that in my corporate cube, but I can type it, damn it. So feel free to join in. I'm going with the more traditional...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thank you for your time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMUSTALSOWRITEMYTHESISATTHESAMETIMEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hear you!

Mine is more of a

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHLOWGROOOOOOOOOOOOANOFPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

It's kinda like the barbaric yelp from...who was that? Whitman?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Heh, we actually were encouraged to do that in 11th grade when we read that poem in English. I was the only one brave enough to stand up and scream as loud as possible. Had an assistant principal come in to check on us.

Oh my goodness... I stumbled upon this website JUST IN TIME. I turned in my grad-school application last week and have been obsessing ever since. I realize this is not uncommon, but it is very out of character for me. Normally, I subscribe to the belief of "if it's meant to be it will happen" or "I can't do anything about it, so why stress?" But this is totally different. Frankly, I think my friends and boyfriend are sick of hearing about how worried I am. It feels so good to have found a place where I can get all of this stress out to people who can really relate.

So here it goes:

I just applied to a program where I am possibly one of the youngest applicants, with possibly the least work-related experience. However, I have an good GPA, a lot of writing experience (which they are looking for) and I feel that a wrote a pretty kick-ass paper. This equals me going back and forth (on an hourly basis) between, "Oh I got this! They have to accept me" and "Why did I even think I should apply, there's no way I'm qualified!" I have no idea what to do to get my mind off of this. I just want to know!

GGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to wait until MAY to hear anything!!!

Suggestion for next "collective" thread:

We all decide on a time (adjusted for time zones) to take a shot/drink. Then we repeat soon after until we aren't so anxious.

Sounds like a plan. It's not really drinking alone if you're doing it with virtual others, right?

Well I'm currently putting all my time into preparing for a scholarship interview on Saturday. It lasts from 9am-6pm and I'll be interviewed by 3 panels, have to give a 5 minute presentation (I find that harder than a 15 minute presentation!) and lead a discussion. Due to the nature of my course, preparing for that means being well informed on the news. All of it. So today and tomorrow I'm preparing my presentation, reading Newsweek, The Economist 2009 review and the entire BBC news website. After all that, I might fancy a little scream on Sunday.

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

I wasn't sure this would catch on, but it really does make me feel better to know that all of you poor souls are screaming (and yawping) along with me. The next collective thread will be a collective sigh of relief, but it's a bit early for that one :)

• 2 years later...

***Bump***

This thread from a few years back pretty much EXACTLY sums up how I feel. Has anyone re-read and re-critiqued every part of every application a hundred times by now? And convinced themselves they were crazy to think they'd get in anywhere let alone all those presitigous programmes? Another two months of this madness...