NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

Dear Fellows,

Today I received NSERC letter in Montreal, so I felt the obligation to let you know.

Good luck for everyone :-)

Were you successful?

My department has just notified that I've won a PGS-D Scholarship! They didn't specify if it was a D2 or D3 though.

I'm at McGill, so I'd suggest other McGillians to contact their departements and not grad studies, like I did. My department told me they were informed yesterday of the results.

I had: 1 first author paper submitted (accepted in January). Three second author papers published. 5 First author conference presentations, one second author. Last two years of B.Sc. and M.Sc. grades were high, but the beginning of my B.Sc. was not. I also won a few departmental scholarship (during masters and phd), and had to reject an OGS scholarship last year when I left Ontario for my PhD. This is my first NSERC scholarship of any kind (rejected for USRAs and PGS-Ms).

Glad we both were successful! :)

Were you successful?

Nope, I've already mentioned that as I got the information from the graduate student office.

I try to see it positvely as I will be able to do internships during my PhD, the thing you can't do when you have NSERC.

CGS D3. Im in mild shock because I was not expecting anything at all. Aside from perfect grades, I have nothing.

Congrats!! What school and field are you in?

My department has just notified that I've won a PGS-D Scholarship! They didn't specify if it was a D2 or D3 though.

I'm at McGill, so I'd suggest other McGillians to contact their departements and not grad studies, like I did. My department told me they were informed yesterday of the results.

I had: 1 first author paper submitted (accepted in January). Three second author papers published. 5 First author conference presentations, one second author. Last two years of B.Sc. and M.Sc. grades were high, but the beginning of my B.Sc. was not. I also won a few departmental scholarship (during masters and phd), and had to reject an OGS scholarship last year when I left Ontario for my PhD. This is my first NSERC scholarship of any kind (rejected for USRAs and PGS-Ms).

That's awesome! I just tried to email my graduate coordinator in the department and she is on vacation!!! At least the letters will come today!

The mailman just left. Got my letter (in Montreal). I got CGS-M :). Last time I was rejected, so I guess second time is the charm ;).

could you please tell us your stat in terms of publications and field of study?

Sorry for the rejection!

Again, this is a lottery, not even 10% success rate!! Do you think only papers are important? Leadership, communication …

What city in Ontario (Ottawa?)