MEM 2012 applicants

Oh god, am I the last one standing (and by standing I mean sitting at my desk shaking like a leaf)? Doing a quick search on the results survey, decisions apparently went out on the 15th and the 16th in 2011, so I am going to gouge my eyes out if I have to wait until Monday. (Admissions folk read this, right? :P)

Edited by greendiplomat

no one else waitlisted??? OMG, how can I possibly wait any longer!!!

No idea how that works -- especially if they've already offered 220 acceptances. How long do you think you'll be able to hold out? How strongly are you leaning toward any of your other options? Still, congrats! It's something.

no, i haven't either. I hope it tells us what the chances are. So it seems that we should enroll somewhere else and back out if we get accepted?

sorry about the rejects, guys. I'm sure we'll all have an amazing grad experience wherever we end up.

no, i haven't either. I hope it tells us what the chances are. So it seems that we should enroll somewhere else and back out if we get accepted?

sorry about the rejects, guys. I'm sure we'll all have an amazing grad experience wherever we end up.

I guess! I'm still waiting for MIT but they would have to give me an amazing fin aid package so I'm prolly gonna accept Duke's offer and wait to see what happens.... It almost feels like a rejection, for some reason I'm not very hopeful, I can't see an scenario where more than 80 people decide not to go

I GOT IN!!! Really excited, as this is my first decision.

Financial Aid info forthcoming "within 2 weeks".

Note: I was rejected 2 years when I applied straight out of undergrad, so there's definitely hope for those who didn't make it!

Did you get any feedback when you were first rejected? Part of me actually wants to wait, and reapply, but I'm not sure if I could significantly improve my application.

None, though I knew what I needed to do given my lack of work experience, and since my GPA wasn't stellar. Took a huge risk by turning down the one acceptance I had with no job lined up, but it paid off in the end, even putting admissions aside. I now know what exactly I want to do in grad school, and I think it showed in my application.

I also got my rejection letter :( but it was semi expected as it was my first app and I was able to improve my statements after each app. Here I come Duke, either dual program or not!

And congrats to all those who got in! Best of luck to everyone in grad school.

It also seems like there are a lot of waitlists....wonder how that works.

I went to the October Open House and also visited my best friend several times a few years back while he studied at SOM. It doesn't seem (unless I'm missing something) that Yale provides any travel reimbursement for the Open House. I will probably pass on the event since I'm familiar with New Haven and the school... and also trying to save as much money as I can between now and August.

I'm going to Michigan's Open House in a couple weeks since I've never been to Ann Arbor. They provided $300 for travel, so it will only set me back what I spend on food.

Interests are urbanization issues in developing countries and social aspects of environmental change.

Congratulations to you, and good luck to folks still waiting on results elsewhere...

They updated the letter and now I was able to respond! Seems like we will have to wait until April 30th :s congrats to those admitted and if by any chance you decide to go somewhere else please think in us wait listed and respond fast!

I GOT IN!!! Really excited, as this is my first decision.

Financial Aid info forthcoming "within 2 weeks".

Note: I was rejected 2 years when I applied straight out of undergrad, so there's definitely hope for those who didn't make it!

Congrats!

Just out of curiosity where else did you apply?

Edited by MCRM

I just emailed Danielle, the assistant director of Yale's FES and she said there're 63 applicants who got waitlisted.

p.s I'm one of them

Me too! Did she say anything about the odds of getting in or if there is some ranking within the wait list?

@MCRM

She said everyone is unranked, and whenever there is a vacancy, the whole pool of waitlisted applicants would be reviewed and the best fit would be picked.

@curlie-sue

Seems like a lot of those who applied for Yale also applied for Duke, so it depends on how many of those who got into both picked Duke...I say we have a chance. Plus, 220 got admitted but around only 140 would choose to go, if this number is lower then more students could take their places.

I am actually a current Yale student doing masters in public health, applying MEM as a joint masters program.

Edited by chriskyk

Hey guys, first post here -

Anyone know more details about when UCSB Bren will let everyone else know? I see some of you have decisions already, most of which appear to be acceptances. The website used to say that decisions would be communicated by March 19, now it says "by the beginning of March."

EDIT: removed my resume/stats. Sorry for breaching the forum rules. I think I am competitive but am extremely anxious and tired of waiting like everyone else. Only difference between myself and the rest of you guys in this thread is that I applied to only one (yes, one) program - Bren - because I wanted to stay in southern California and no other programs were the right combination of fit and affordability. Now I'm second guessing myself.

Edited by jhuffine