Fall 2012 Applications

- Eileen -

Argh, it is so weird that I still haven't heard from two schools, especially Baltimore...

Has anyone else applied to either UMD-Baltimore or Columbia University and not received a decision??

Most schools have to send out decisions by April 1st, right?

Hi RoxyShoe,

I also applied to UMB-Baltimore and have not heard back yet. I recently contacted their Admission's dept. administrative staff, and was told not to expect a decision for another 4-6 weeks (I applied last week of February)

I'm patiently (ahem, anxiously) waiting to hear back :)

Does anyone know what's going on with the UT-Austin process? I called earlier this week and was just told that they're still in review. It seems like this has been dragged out for a while now.

Accepted to UCLA this morning, and received all direct and grad PLUS loans in a financial aid email shortly thereafter. Oof!

Also, I finally got around to calling Penn to follow up on my application from wayyy back in January. They seemed in a bit of disarray, and scheduled my interview for next week. So, for future applicants: make sure you're constantly following up with admissions on your status, especially once you hit 6-8 weeks. I suspect if I hadn't called, my application would have disappeared into a black hole.

JSP, congrats on the Fordham acceptance! I went there for undergrad and I had the best time ever.

Arcoventry thank you. Congrats to you too. I see you got accepted to Fordham and Hunter. I went to Hunter for undergrad. Its an amazing college with great professors.

Hi RoxyShoe,

I also applied to UMB-Baltimore and have not heard back yet. I recently contacted their Admission's dept. administrative staff, and was told not to expect a decision for another 4-6 weeks (I applied last week of February)

I'm patiently (ahem, anxiously) waiting to hear back :)

Maryland has been so slow and unprofessional. They didn't get one of my recommendations (b/c the system was down or something) my rec provider emailed it in and received a confirmation email back that it had been received. I got an email a 3 weeks later saying they still didn't have the rec. I forwarded the response of confirmation that my rec provider sent me. "Yup, we have it, but the date hadn’t been entered. Your application is all set". Yikes...a month later and still no response!

Arcoventry thank you. Congrats to you too. I see you got accepted to Fordham and Hunter. I went to Hunter for undergrad. Its an amazing college with great professors.

jsp: Congrats on your acceptance to Fordham! I am still waiting to hear back from them but I'm having a tough time deciding what to do if i do get accepted. I also was accepted to Columbia and similar to some other comments earlier, I'm not convinced the Columbia experience stands out as much as it's name. What are your thoughts on choosing Fordham? What do you see as its strengths?

Have any of you decided to attend the University of Maryland for MSW? Are you coming from out of state? I'm in-state and have applied but haven't heard back yet. I have almost written it off because the other schools need to hear back next week. What have been your impressions on the quality of the school? I know it's got a good rank now (15?), but I wonder if that's a true measure of the quality of the program. Being that it's a state school I wonder if the majority of students are commuter students or if there is a sense of community within the program. Please send your perspective my way!

jsp: Congrats on your acceptance to Fordham! I am still waiting to hear back from them but I'm having a tough time deciding what to do if i do get accepted. I also was accepted to Columbia and similar to some other comments earlier, I'm not convinced the Columbia experience stands out as much as it's name. What are your thoughts on choosing Fordham? What do you see as its strengths?

I like Fordham MSW program because it’s a 4 year program and that’s what I am looking for. I want a part time program. I also like that they have a clinical concentration. But at the same time I did not accept yet. I am waiting to see happens with other schools I applied too. I had interviews last week. When I emailed Fordham to see by when they need my deposit, they said as soon as I decide. I did not like that, because now I am scared that I might be late. What do you like about their school?