0% Confidence of Acceptance

Congrats to all who are able to withdraw from this thread!

...I'm totally feelin' this thread these days. I applied to 5 PhD programs. I interviewed at my top choice last week but haven't heard back yet, have been implicitly rejected from another, and haven't yet heard a peep from the other 3, who traditionally haven't notified until mid-February. I'm fairly convinced that I won't get in to any of them!

The silver lining is that my university forwarded my MA SSHRC application, so at least I'll be well funded next year if I remain in Canada to do a master's.... (but what if I get the scholarship and then get rejected from the MA? Ahhhh!)

On and around this day last year, three of the schools I applied to (Davis, CUNY, and Amherst) reported acceptances, and now that weird Tufts email is making me even more apprehensive. I thought I would stop constantly checking this site and worrying once I got an acceptance, but that's definitely not the case. I crave more external validation!!

The Tufts email is throwing me for a loop too. Why are there no UMD/UMass notifications? I submitted my UMD app in November... I don't even have senioritis, I have constantly-refeshing-grad-app-itis.

Don't lose hope on UCR. I just received an acceptance from them this morning!

Do you already have your masters degree (or are you pursuing it presently)? I'm waiting on a reply from them, and will be quite devastated if I don't get in...

Edited by memberofthe?

Not to bring the thread down, but I'm so in this thread that I'm actually considering applying to one last school whose deadline hasn't passed yet just to increase my chances.

I did get in to one program but it's far too expensive to be realistic. Oh well, at least the Application was free...

On and around this day last year, three of the schools I applied to (Davis, CUNY, and Amherst) reported acceptances, and now that weird Tufts email is making me even more apprehensive. I thought I would stop constantly checking this site and worrying once I got an acceptance, but that's definitely not the case. I crave more external validation!!

Same here. Two acceptances and an interview. I thought it would make the worry go away--but nope. Now I want to know which school will be the best fit. I am grateful for the admittances, though. I want to hear back from a couple schools...

For me right now, there's no such thing!

I'll bet. As good as it must feel to get an interview, the wait afterwards, not knowing if an acceptance is pro forma, has got to be the worst kind of waiting...even worse than when ONE prof from CUNY notifies, but no one else does.

Same here. Two acceptances and an interview. I thought it would make the worry go away--but nope. Now I want to know which school will be the best fit. I am grateful for the admittances, though. I want to hear back from a couple schools...

Then you'll get the post-decision blahs after you decide which school to attend, even if it's your dream school. But everyone does, and it doesn't last.

Congratulations to those of you with acceptances (and double acceptances!). Best of luck as you're selecting your program.

Since this is, after all, the 0% Confidence thread, despair has set in with a vengeance for me. My remaining applications (following some poor advice from my thesis adviser) are largely to the bigs: the Penn's and UVA's of the world. And I'm feeling awful about my chances. I'm already writing the obituary for my application season.

Hello, my home for the rest of forever. This week I'm 0/3 (apparently) and, oh, look at that -- they were my top three choices.

Anyone else regretting even applying? I feel like it was a stupid, foolish dream that I'm only waking up from now.

Edited by bespeckled