0% Confidence of Acceptance

I hope you do too, lolopixie! And I hope I find out I'm going anywhere but in this hellhole of rejection (official and implicit) that I've been living in. I want to feel the sun of hope on my face and the wind of future scholarly greatness in my hair!

But, really, I'd just settle for a single (funded) acceptance and a new bottle of Makers. It's been a supercraptastic week. Glug glug.

Amen! It's Friday evening here, I'ma drink to that.

Hahahahahaha, drowning myself in your (y'all's? all y'all's?) words is like having a rebirth, minus the whole rebirth thing. Lolopixie, YOU GOT THIS. And if nothing else, there's always stripping. (Kidding.) (Although it'd be a great way to stay in shape and maybe make a decent living, especially compared to the adjunct teaching salary I make now...) (*sigh*)

I'm seriously debating marrying rich, and then buying my way through Anthropologie. Chasing happiness is the same, whether you're looking for that perfect blouse with your husband's credit card or a tenure-track job with... well, nothing. :-P Go team us. I think a better idea would be for all of us to pool our money and buy an island and then start our own dystopian society. And THEN, we could document it via different fictional approaches, and then we'd ALL win Pulitzers.

How's that?

Hahahahahaha, drowning myself in your (y'all's? all y'all's?) words is like having a rebirth, minus the whole rebirth thing. Lolopixie, YOU GOT THIS. And if nothing else, there's always stripping. (Kidding.) (Although it'd be a great way to stay in shape and maybe make a decent living, especially compared to the adjunct teaching salary I make now...) (*sigh*)

I'm seriously debating marrying rich, and then buying my way through Anthropologie. Chasing happiness is the same, whether you're looking for that perfect blouse with your husband's credit card or a tenure-track job with... well, nothing. :-P Go team us. I think a better idea would be for all of us to pool our money and buy an island and then start our own dystopian society. And THEN, we could document it via different fictional approaches, and then we'd ALL win Pulitzers.

How's that?

One of my professors was a stripper to put herself through school at Berkeley...in the 70s. It seems to have worked out well for her!

When applying for MFA's, oh, 5 years ago now, I could afford 6 applications and other materials...got into 2, great degree, awesome years, etc. But I was IN academia!

Now, I'm a mercenary teacher (see vagrant adjunct) and barely have enough time to grade 6 classes worth of essays, nevermind write a scholarly sample, etc.

So I could only afford 1 place...only 1 app! Boston University...may the Acceptance Gods not label my experience and focus "not distinctive".

Good Luck everyone!

Hello fellow applicants! Haven't posted for a while because I thought I was geting too obsessed with applications and such... But I am also feeling the nerves about today, could be a big one. I haven't had any good news yet this cycle so I'm beyond desperate for an admit soon. Good luck eveyone. I hope our dreams come true today.

Edited by indalomena

Our Adcomms, who reign (pre)academia, hallowed be thy names; thy decisions come, thy will, alas, be done, for us, and for those accepted; give us this day our daily decision, and forgive the spelling mistakes on our apps, as we forgive those who misspell against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us an acceptance, for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for now and through March. Amen.

Our Adcomms, who reign (pre)academia, hallowed be thy names; thy decisions come, thy will, alas, be done, for us, and for those accepted; give us this day our daily decision, and forgive the spelling mistakes on our apps, as we forgive those who misspell against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us an acceptance, for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for now and through March. Amen.

Fail not applications, full of anxiety, our thoughts are with you

Blessed art thou among other applicants and blessed is

the fruit of thy labours, acceptance.

Holy graduate co-ordinators, gatekeepers of decisions, pray for us refreshers

now, and at the conclusion of the work week. Amen.