PhD in I/O Psychology Fall 2012

Akruti

Has anyone heard back from CUNY-Baruch..? I interviewed with them at the beginning of February and they said they were going to make decisions by March 15th which I thought was a really long time to make decisions. I really didn't think they would take it down to the wire like this. So any news,,?

CUNY Baruch already had their visitation day...

CUNY Baruch already had their visitation day...

Well that's awfully discouraging. Wish they would have at least let me know I wasn't being invited. Did you attend?

Well that's awfully discouraging. Wish they would have at least let me know I wasn't being invited. Did you attend?

No, but my lab mate was accepted and will be attending the program next fall. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

No, but my lab mate was accepted and will be attending the program next fall. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

No problem. I emailed them and they said I've been placed on the waiting list. My 6th waiting list, no acceptances yet. Very frustrating, but I feel like I have a decent chance of getting pulled off of at least one.

Has anyone heard from Purdue IO yet? There seem no report of offers from Purdue on result survey but that's strange because the application deadline close so early...Any ideas?

I went to a recruitment weekend with someone who was accepted to Purdue I/O PhD.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'm on the waiting list at Portland State, CUNY Baruch, George Washington, Central Florida, SUNY Albany, and UNC Charlotte. If anyone has any new info let me know or if you have an acceptance that you are going to decline hurry up and get it over with haha. Becoming maddening.

Wait listed at UCONN, UMSL, SLU, and Auburn. Any recent news regarding those schools?

I recently turned down an acceptance at UMSL, so maybe you will get pulled off of the wait list. Or I guess my spot could have gone to James. Keep your fingers crossed!

Accepted: Louisiana Tech Ph.D. , Tulsa Masters

Waitlisted: St. Louis, Virginia Tech, Illinois Institute of Technology, Central Michigan University

Rejected: LSU, Auburn, probably rejected at Clemson-haven't heard anything yet

Anyone have any insight on the odds of moving up from the waitlist at these schools? I am a little naive to the whole process so I am learning as it goes.

Thanks for the help in advance.