Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

Oof. Rejected from Harvard. I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my application and received this response:

"The Admissions Committee has finalized their review process of all submitted applications. An informal notification has already been emailed to those that have been admitted. You will receive a letter from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences informing you of the Admissions Committee’s decision."

So I guess if you didn't get an e-mail from them, you're SOL.

I received acceptance through mail this Monday and the letter writes Jan. 18th. So, I'd say the situation may still be positive at this point, as the mail may take some time to arrive considering your locations.

Oof. Rejected from Harvard. I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my application and received this response:

"The Admissions Committee has finalized their review process of all submitted applications. An informal notification has already been emailed to those that have been admitted. You will receive a letter from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences informing you of the Admissions Committee’s decision."

So I guess if you didn't get an e-mail from them, you're SOL.

:( this is surprising to me given that it seems not that many people from this forum got in there, whereas a ton got into MIT, Berkeley, etc. Also i thought people heard back via postal mail but maybe they changed that this year.

Anyone know what percentage of scripps people who get an interview are eventually accepted?

Edited by twb

I received acceptance through mail this Monday and the letter writes Jan. 18th. So, I'd say the situation may still be positive at this point, as the mail may take some time to arrive considering your locations.

Did you get an email as well?

maybe it is mostly just the international people that they notify by email??

Even so, I've never known the USPS (or any other mail service for that matter) to take a week to deliver a letter. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

I submitted my application around the 18th of January and applied for inorganic.

Wow the decision is so fast! It's less tnan one week! Do you have any special research experiences, strong academic background, LoR or something like that?

Same here - just checked my mailbox an hour ago, and I got a letter of acceptance from Harvard dated January 18. I didn't get any other form of notification (i.e. no email like one of the above posts suggested).

Wow the decision is so fast! It's less tnan one week! Do you have any special research experiences, strong academic background, LoR or something like that?

Couple years of research experience and summer fellowship. I think I had good LoR too. I submitted my other applications much earlier, though. Wondering why other schools are taking so long.

Just heard back from UCLA via e-mail from a prof. I mentioned in my SoP. =)

Me too! but not one I mentioned in my SOP... I was thinking maybe she's just in charge of the e-mails. I'm so excited! Now to wait for info on the stipend/any fellowships. I've already got a cost of living spreadsheet going and it's not looking awesome, relatively speaking. We'll see.

Edited by nechalo

Has anyone heard from Boston? Their deadline was Dec. 1st, and I completed their supplemental essay around Jan 17th.

Me too applied to BU ...submitted the supplemental essay around 6th Jan ...... haven't heard yet ....

Edited by ah233