Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

Congratulation! I am wondering when you submitted you application and if you was interviewed? I am in Analytical and atmospheric chemsitry..

Thanks! It's not my top school, but it is quite up there. Too bad their travel stipend is quite on the low side: $250. I submitted my application on November 21, 2011. There was no interview (fortunately).

Thisisnothere and chronos, did you receive any fellowship/RA/TA or just admission?

"As a Ph.D. student in Chemistry and Biochemistry you will be awarded a support packet

that includes a full tuition coverage and a stipend (currently set at $27,000/annually) for the

duration of your PhD studies, as long as you meet university and departmental requirements for

good academic standing. "

I am guessing this means TA.

Hi everyone! I am new to this site (since I recently finished my grad school applications). I was wondering if anyone would like to answer some questions for me since I am not sure who to ask.

I submitted all of my applications for organic chemistry programs in early December (Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Caltech, UCLA, UCSD, and Scripps) and I was wondering if they are reviewed in any kind of order? Or when should I expect to hear back? The wait is killing me!!

Also, is there anything I should be doing in the meantime? Does hurt or help to email potential advisers??

I wish the wait was over :(

I think that applications are reviewed in the order that they are complete/received. I don't think that there's anything you should be doing as far as emailing people...you might be able to call some grad offices and ask them if the admissions committees are still deciding. hope you get good news soon!

Thisisnothere and chronos, did you receive any fellowship/RA/TA or just admission?

23K from Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

27K from UCSD

Obviously, tuition is covered as well (but that goes without saying)

I think both are TA-ships of some kind? I'd imagine I have to run some discussions and grade papers, yeah.

Edited by this_isnot_here

A lot of people have been accepted to UC Berkeley today. Can someone posts some stats or say what type of chemistry they want to go into?

i am curious about this too....1 person on the results page said pchem

A lot of people have been accepted to UC Berkeley today. Can someone posts some stats or say what type of chemistry they want to go into?

It seems like most of the admits are physical chemistry. I heard today and I have two friends who were also accepted today. We all applied for experimental p-chem.

I see two people received an interview from University of Michigan Medicinal Chemistry program. I am wondering if all the candidates should be interviewed and if so, what happens to the internationals? :) I called their secretary several weeks ago and she told me I will hear back by mid-March!

I'm trying to start planning my visits/buy plane tickets. I called Susan Brighton at MIT today and asked whether my application was still being considered. She quickly replied that the department is definitely still calling and emailing people. Has anyone wanting to do physical or materials heard from MIT yet?

Anyone hear back from the following schools:

Northwestern

UCLA

Cornell

?

this_isnot_here,

I was accepted to UCLA on 1/5 (inorganic).

I was in contact with a PI early on, and when I submitted my application he replied saying that he would tell the admissions committee to review my application "expeditiously."

Good luck!