Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

Accepted at Iowa State today for theoretical, and rejected from UW-Seattle =(

I'm #1 on the waitlist for an interview at UNC-CH BBSP so someone cancel please =P

Wht r ur stats ..nd research experience ?? I have also applied in theoretical ....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE THIS STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sigh*...... I feel so much better now. Seriously, you guys should try it.

Edited by Groove

Dear Everyone,

Please stop freaking out, pitying yourself, and asking if you should assume rejections from every school you haven't heard from. A lot of programs had very recent deadlines (Stanford, GTech, and Wisconsin-Madison were all less than 2 weeks ago!). You can't assume that the professors and admissions committees at these schools are looking at our applications 24/7. There are a LOT of applications to consider, and these things take time. So, CHILL OUT! I heard from 2 schools today - UChicago & GTech, so CLEARLY some programs are still making decisions. Hope for the best, and don't assume rejections for at least another month. No one on this forum knows whether or not you should assume rejection unless they've contacted the program and asked. Best of luck to you all :)

SIncerely, Liveoak.

WHat track do you apply? I am applying analytical/atmospheric and still waiting.. Hope to hear the good news soon..

I put analytical/atmospheric as primary and inorganic as secondary. I also listed physical chemistry in my SOP. It doesn't look like analytical/atmospheric has made any decisions yet, so it still looks promising for us! :)

I applied to Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley, and Caltech for Computational/Theoretical chemistry and I haven't heard from any of them. Should I assume all rejections?

I would recommend emailing or calling the departments. Someone on this forum said that Harvard has already notified all of their accepted applicants, so that might be a rejection, but I don't know about the others. It seems that not that many people on this forum have heard back from Stanford so maybe they are still reading through applications.

I would recommend emailing or calling the departments. Someone on this forum said that Harvard has already notified all of their accepted applicants, so that might be a rejection, but I don't know about the others. It seems that not that many people on this forum have heard back from Stanford so maybe they are still reading through applications.

@twb,

I got accepted to yale too, but i have not received the official physical letter yet. in the email they said the visiting weekend is march 22-24. Do you know if they have any other visiting weekends?

@twb,

I got accepted to yale too, but i have not received the official physical letter yet. in the email they said the visiting weekend is march 22-24. Do you know if they have any other visiting weekends?

yes, that's the only weekend, but the professor who called me made it sound like they are flexible and will help find you another date if you can't make that one (unlike some other schools....)

Quick question; anybody heard anything from Harvard's Chemical Physics Program? All the results appear to be for Chemistry and Chemical Biology (CCB), but maybe some people don't differentiate between the two.

I applied to Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley, and Caltech for Computational/Theoretical chemistry and I haven't heard from any of them. Should I assume all rejections?

Same here .... i also haven't heard yet at any one ......I applied too in theory (nd I am international) nd havnt heard yet anything ....

On a whim I decided to see if Stanford Chemistry had a facebook page. They did, and this was posted two hours ago:

"Record breaking year for graduate application this year! Highest number in the past 5 years and a 15% increase since last year. Congratulations to all those who make the cut.

"

So a) damn the large applicant pool, and b ) sounds like they are not done notifying.

Edited by synorg

Are all Purdue invites out? Applied for inorganic/materials.

I don't think all Purdue invites can possibly be out - the international deadline was January 1, but the domestic deadline isn't until February 15th.