UC Schools

PhDreams

I called Berkeley and they told me they posted the decisions for those in Language and Literature, Society and Culture today. They said e-mail notifications would be sent out by the end of the week.

Thanks for the report. Still reading submitted...

Me too. I called Susana Flores, and she said she was sorry it's taken so long, but that she would find out from the Graduate Division when they're supposed to be posted and email me. From the previous couple posts, I presume she'll just tell me it'll be Friday!!

At least they are saying that the decisions are still going out? From the results forum it looks like some grad departments at Berkeley told the applicants that they should have received something by now, and since they didn't it just means they were rejected...but I guess those of us looking out for SCS decisions are still staying a bit afloat in the waiting boat?

At least they are saying that the decisions are still going out? From the results forum it looks like some grad departments at Berkeley told the applicants that they should have received something by now, and since they didn't it just means they were rejected...but I guess those of us looking out for SCS decisions are still staying a bit afloat in the waiting boat?

I was thinking they were taking so long because they were deciding whether or not they would continue the program or certain degrees in the department. I went to a UC for undergrad and we had to pay for paper copies. UCLA just cut one of their programs. Anyway, she told me they just finalized all the decisions today. For whatever reason they don't appear right away. I got an e-mail saying they made my decision for one UC and it showed up 5 days after the e-mail.

STILL nothing from Berkeley!!! I'm thinking of calling again this afternoon because I would prefer not to have to wait through the weekend again!!

STILL nothing from Berkeley!!! I'm thinking of calling again this afternoon because I would prefer not to have to wait through the weekend again!!

That's just nuts! I'm sorry...

Anyone already heard back from UCSB ? Mine still pending.

I was accepted to UCSB in mid-February. As far as I know they handed out all of their acceptance letters. Did you go on-line to check your application status? My letter was posted there. If they haven't told you anything yet then I would call them.

I haven't heard anything either. I applied to SCS PhD. Did you call them today?

I did call, and Susana Flores said that it would at least be before the end of the month. She also said that the Graduate Division sends them out in batches. Which...doesn't really help!

I did call, and Susana Flores said that it would at least be before the end of the month. She also said that the Graduate Division sends them out in batches. Which...doesn't really help!

@eisoj5, Oh my gosh! That just seems cruel. I'm so sorry that you still have to wait. I just read your post to my partner…response, "poor eisoj5, I feel so sad for eisoj5." Hang in there, I guess.

Just FYI...still no change here. I'm seeing lots of other Berkeley programs in the results now. I find it very odd that not all the Education decisions (for the same program, even!) went out at the same time. I'm kind of wondering at what point I should just call again :P

edit: Okay, I gave in and called the SCS office again and this time, I just said "I know the Visiting Day already happened, and I still haven't heard anything official, can I just get confirmation that my application was rejected?" To which she answered that yeah, if I didn't get an invite, it pretty much meant I wasn't accepted. I still really want to see that damn status change from "Submitted" to something else, though!!!!

Edited by eisoj5

Just thought I'd update one last time; I finally got the email directing me to the rejection letter on the website this afternoon. So I'm going to be a Buff instead!