UC Schools

PhDreams

Hi everybody, Ive been lurking on this thread for a while and finally decided to join the conversation. :)

The program for which I am applying at Cal has their interview weekend in late February and decisions in April (according to the website). Of course, that has not stopped me from obsessively checking the results page since the beginning of January. :)

I am currently on a self-imposed ban on checking the application status during the workweek. But, in a moment of weakness, I checked it last night. At least I made it to Thursday night, right?

UCLA GSE decision letters are being mailed to everyone within the next week.

Dude.... Good to know they're coming soon. I'll be on pins and needles all week.

info received today via grad admin

Edited by Fidelio

Hey everyone! I've been a lurkin' and thought I'd join the party (or just commiserate?? :) ).

I

I've heard from UCLA on 3 occasions now - an email from POI, an unofficial letter of admission from GSE&IS, and finally-an electronic official letter from the Grad Division. The mailed letter was in a tiny envelope, by the way - so don't assume the worst if you receive a small envelope. Also, I received the official letter just a few days ago, even though the letter itself was dated 01/30. Btw, I applied to UCLA's HEOC, MA program.

I've gotten the sense that UCLA isn't the most organized with its communication, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't send everything out this week (even if they intend to). This is the one school that wanted two original transcripts after all....(wtf, can't they just share?). It's such a massive place that it probably takes a day and a half just to get the letter from UCLA's mailbox to USPS.

Have you guys heard something? I am tempted to call admission office to ask directly since they haven't answered my emails and I have to make a decision but UCB is a priority option.

Grad in Education - I'm not sure if you're still waiting around or not, but the GSE admin staff was very responsive on the two occasions I emailed her.

Does anyone know when financial aid information is sent? It's really what I'm most concerned about at this point.

Congrats to all those who've received positive news, and best of luck to everyone waiting. And remember, all of the UCs are amazing schools - we're super lucky to have such high quality, public GSE's to choose from!!

I've heard from UCLA on 3 occasions now - an email from POI, an unofficial letter of admission from GSE&IS, and finally-an electronic official letter from the Grad Division.

Congrats!!! Did your status change on their website when you received your decision? I've been checking the status of my app online and it gives me this line about how decisions are not made until March. :(

Thank you FutureEdStudent12! I received an email from "UCLA Application Decision" with a link to the letter. The link takes you to a different location than the Grad App. In fact, if I login to the application, then my app still say "status: submitted." I'm sure they're still rifling through the apps, and just haven't notified everyone. Best of luck!

Thank you FutureEdStudent12! I received an email from "UCLA Application Decision" with a link to the letter. The link takes you to a different location than the Grad App. In fact, if I login to the application, then my app still say "status: submitted." I'm sure they're still rifling through the apps, and just haven't notified everyone. Best of luck!

Thanks! I hope to find out soon. The silence is driving me crazy!

I was looking in the Results Survey just now and did a search on Berkeley's GSE...looks like they have notified in March over the last couple of years.

It seems like that's when rejections go out. I saw an acceptance posted the other day but they didn't specify the program. I still haven't received a letter from the GSE or the Graduate Division. I've been obsessively checking my application status but it seems like that may not even be where the official acceptance is posted if Berkeley does it like UCLA.

I just checked my decision on UCLA's website and it almost gave me a heart attack because it went from decisions from 2011 are now available to decisions from 2012 are now available. omg.... but my app still said "no decision has been made on your app." sadness...

Good God... I didn't even know there WAS a Decision Status page at UCLA. "To date, no decision has been made on your application." Oh well; I guess that's just more admissions crack for the waiting-game pipe.

Also meant to say - my decision letter is available on the grad application site - it's not in a different location the way UCLA's is. Apparently any recommendations for fellowships for MA students must be prioritized and approved by the grad school.

Also meant to say - my decision letter is available on the grad application site - it's not in a different location the way UCLA's is. Apparently any recommendations for fellowships for MA students must be prioritized and approved by the grad school.

Congrats!!!!!

Did your status go from submitted to admitted?