UC Schools

PhDreams

FutureEd, that's such a bummer, but I'm SURE you have good things coming your way!! Don't give up!!

I haven't heard from UCLA, but doesn't look good. :( Did your status change online?

Thanks , edstudent.

I got an email prompting me to check the decision link. My letter was up there.

Sigh....

Thanks , edstudent.

I got an email prompting me to check the decision link. My letter was up there.

Sigh....

Don't be sad, I got rejected by UCLA, too. (SSCE)... Hope that helps... ^_^

Berkeley's GSE is having a spring visit day for admitted students on March 19. I received an email on Friday with the program of events. I'm not sure if that means all offers have been extended, but if you haven't heard for your department you may want to give them a ring. Best of luck to everyone.

Berkeley's GSE is having a spring visit day for admitted students on March 19. I received an email on Friday with the program of events. I'm not sure if that means all offers have been extended, but if you haven't heard for your department you may want to give them a ring. Best of luck to everyone.

Thanks for the info. I guess that probably means I am waiting for a rejection letter :( Congrats to everyone who got in!

Congrats on the invitation! That is very exciting. When did you get your acceptance? Which program did you apply to?

Thanks for the info. I guess that probably means I am waiting for a rejection letter :( Congrats to everyone who got in!

PhD2000s, Let's hold on to the waning hope that an acceptance is still possible for us both :)

Don't be sad, I got rejected by UCLA, too. (SSCE)... Hope that helps... ^_^

Awwww.... No! I want all my GradCafers to get into every school they choose! lol

Good luck with the rest of your schools, guoannie!

Not a peep from Berkeley! So confused...

Seriously, FutureEd! I feel, though, that if SCS had completed announcing offers, we'd see a result or two on the survey. But nothing. When I emailed with a POI in early October, he mentioned an 8% acceptance rate. Still unsure if he was referring to the entire GSE or just SCS (or the MA in SCS) specifically. Then again, can't figure out how only one acceptance to the entire GSE was posted in 2011...

Really would love to hear some news.

Seriously, FutureEd! I feel, though, that if SCS had completed announcing offers, we'd see a result or two on the survey. But nothing. When I emailed with a POI in early October, he mentioned an 8% acceptance rate. Still unsure if he was referring to the entire GSE or just SCS (or the MA in SCS) specifically. Then again, can't figure out how only one acceptance to the entire GSE was posted in 2011...

Really would love to hear some news.

Yes! Any news would be helpful!

PS - How is your cycle turning out? Good news I hope.

Yes! Any news would be helpful!

PS - How is your cycle turning out? Good news I hope.

Thanks for asking. :) It's been a bittersweet season thus far. I've been rejected from my only other edu program (IUC's History of Ed), and from two uber-competitive interdisc PhD's (UCSC's HistCon and UMN's CSDS). The rejection didn't sting as bad as I thought it would. I have an MA spot at U. Surrey's Politics, and still waiting to hear from UCB's SCS and Chicago's Divinity. SCS really fits like a glove, and I flat-out worshipped the faculty at Chicago as an undergrad (and still admire the work they continue to carry out), so I'm staying hopeful! I wish I had time this winter to keep up with the mammoth GSE thread. Looks like everyone's done a fantastic job of keeping hopes high. Congratulations, by the way, on your acceptances! Where does UCB fit in your list?

I'm sorry to hear that! Sending you positive vibes. Hope the rest of your cycle turns around and yields positive results.

You are applying to some really great programs. Any one of them would be lucky to have you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Berkeley for you.

I think Berkeley has an amazing program and I have very strong faculty matches there, but I just don't think I really have a shot. I've come to terms that I probably haven't been admitted and I'm ok.

You have really awesome research interests that seem in line with SCS. I really hope you get in!!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks so much, FutureEd. :)

And I have a hard time believing someone with offers from Columbia and UMich wouldn't be similarly competitive for a spot at UCB! I know you've got a real chance there! Are you an MA or doctoral applicant?

What are your thoughts about the program's decisions, though? Think the accepteds have already heard back or there's still a wait? Like I said earlier, it's just so weird to me that there's such a considerably large percentage of acceptances not being reflected on the survey, if we really are looking at an 8% rate.

I think there's still hope, dispositif! We have so many competitive applicants on this forum alone that I can't believe that none of us gotten accepted yet or have heard anything. So, I have to believe that decisions have not been made or sent out yet.

I think MA applicants are still in the waiting game portion of this process. Good luck again! I'm also an MA applicant.

My POI called yesterday asking if I had received any more information from the Grad Div at Cal (I have not - i was admitted weeks ago but I still haven't received funding info). He hinted that their process is bureaucratic and therefore somewhat inefficient. He also told me that for the program I applied to, they aim for a Master's cohort of 8. Not sure how big SCS is in comparison, but if they're only admitting a handful, then we just might not see their posts on the survey because those 8-14 people aren't on this forum.

I hope I'm not being discouraging, I really can't speak of their SCS program size. On one hand, their communication has not been timely, but on the other, I'm sure those in my program, at least, have been notified of their acceptances at this point.

Best of luck to those waiting - I hope they get info out to you really soon (and when they do-hopefully they'll have funding info ready at the same time)!!

My POI called yesterday asking if I had received any more information from the Grad Div at Cal (I have not - i was admitted weeks ago but I still haven't received funding info). He hinted that their process is bureaucratic and therefore somewhat inefficient. He also told me that for the program I applied to, they aim for a Master's cohort of 8. Not sure how big SCS is in comparison, but if they're only admitting a handful, then we just might not see their posts on the survey because those 8-14 people aren't on this forum.

I hope I'm not being discouraging, I really can't speak of their SCS program size. On one hand, their communication has not been timely, but on the other, I'm sure those in my program, at least, have been notified of their acceptances at this point.

Best of luck to those waiting - I hope they get info out to you really soon (and when they do-hopefully they'll have funding info ready at the same time)!!

Thanks for chiming in, and congrats on your acceptances!

My POI called yesterday asking if I had received any more information from the Grad Div at Cal (I have not - i was admitted weeks ago but I still haven't received funding info).

I am waiting to hear about funding, too. The form letter I received from the Graduate Division about my acceptance says that I will get a separate letter about funding, so I think it's standard. I read somewhere that it may be mid-April, but I hope it won't take that long.

Hello Gradcafers!

Ive been lurking around the forums for a few days, but wanted to post that I too am waiting on Berkeley's SCS MA decision! And the boat of anxiously awaiting applicants is a little bigger ;) Good luck to everyone waiting too! Even though we might just be waiting for bad news, I figure that until someone here hears something, we still can't be sure :)

Hello Gradcafers!

Ive been lurking around the forums for a few days, but wanted to post that I too am waiting on Berkeley's SCS MA decision! And the boat of anxiously awaiting applicants is a little bigger ;) Good luck to everyone waiting too! Even though we might just be waiting for bad news, I figure that until someone here hears something, we still can't be sure :)

Welcome to the boat-- nervousness, anxiety, and worry are prerequisites-- heartburn, weird dreams, and obsessively checking your email are optional :lol: ! As others have said, Berkeley acceptances seem to be a bit of a mystery this season. I am waiting for SCS too. It seems like a (lucky) few have heard. . . but, (hopefully) more acceptances are still coming. . . This is the first time that I have applied, and the season has been, well. . . torturous. I think that I am mostly trying to keep up hope of an acceptance, because I can't imagine going through this process again. Any advice from those who have done this before? Is it customary to contact POIs before the app season starts? I thought that I had a pretty competitive app, but without any contact from SCS, I'm feeling lost about how to approach next year's apps. . . argh. . . if I find myself doing this again.

PS- Good luck to those who are still waiting!