Jump to content

Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012


rowlf

Recommended Posts

k.i.ivanov

Cambridge indeed! Fortunately my status was changed to "conditional offer" later that day, but I'm still going crazy waiting for a college membership! I've heard similar things about the degree committee being the hardest hurdle to get over, so congrats to you :) Feel free to PM if you want to talk further!

Brilliant indeed! :) congrats to you too!! :) I am still stuck at the BoGS stage! Which is your college of preference? I've put Pembroke as my first choice and I very much hope I get it! Have you ever been to Cambridge (or the UK) before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from CSU Chico for bio anthro MA (ie forensics)? I check with them at the end of March and was told "a few weeks". Here it is, almost the end of April, and not a word. Perhaps no news is good news??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from CSU Chico for bio anthro MA (ie forensics)? I check with them at the end of March and was told "a few weeks". Here it is, almost the end of April, and not a word. Perhaps no news is good news??

Harass the hell out of them. I don't mean to talk down on a school and program that you may be attending, but all of my experiences with CSU's have been wrought with bureaucracy. I'm a California native and went to a UC, so I'm familiar with it through and through. I also applied to a couple of CSU's for grad school, and just witnessed some of this.

Call the department and see what's up. That's the easiest and most direct way. The secretaries and student affairs personnel are usually very helpful, and willing to light a fire under somebody's ass for you, especially when you say "I was accepted into your program."

Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Mooglesm, I'm fairly sure they have made their decisions. I Contacted the Department head, and was given my rejection in late March. They had twice the usual number of applicants. They offered me a spot on the Archaeology side of the department, but I'm committed to bioanth.. Who knows though you might be in line for a spot if someone backs out at the last minute, so they are holding off. Good luck.

I decided to accept my offer from Durham, so I'm off to the UK this fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mooglesm, I'm fairly sure they have made their decisions. I Contacted the Department head, and was given my rejection in late March. They had twice the usual number of applicants. They offered me a spot on the Archaeology side of the department, but I'm committed to bioanth.. Who knows though you might be in line for a spot if someone backs out at the last minute, so they are holding off. Good luck.

I decided to accept my offer from Durham, so I'm off to the UK this fall.

I looked at Durham as well. Is this for MA or PhD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.