Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

Hey all,

Can't speak for everyone, but I found my rejection status for U of A (not too surprised, it was a gamble). It was in the Graduate College application site (not the Anthro one) and click Anthro under My Applications. Good luck!

Hey all,

Can't speak for everyone, but I found my rejection status for U of A (not too surprised, it was a gamble). It was in the Graduate College application site (not the Anthro one) and click Anthro under My Applications. Good luck!

Ouch. Thanks for the heads up, at least now I know.

Hey all,

Interesting. Where exactly was it? I tried going there and I can't find anything about mine...

Congrats on your other acceptances though. You too aelizabeth.

Interesting. Where exactly was it? I tried going there and I can't find anything about mine...

Congrats on your other acceptances though. You too aelizabeth.

On the left hand side under "My Applications", click on the one that says "Anthropology PhD" and the message is right there on a mint green background.

Johns Hopkins (JHU) update: I contacted the academic coordinator, who says that all applicants have been reviewed, but "Unfortunately, I have not been provided a date from the faculty when they will officially make announcements. I do, however, anticipate it being within the next few weeks."

???

I can't imagine that admits have not been notified.

Johns Hopkins (JHU) update: I contacted the academic coordinator, who says that all applicants have been reviewed, but "Unfortunately, I have not been provided a date from the faculty when they will officially make announcements. I do, however, anticipate it being within the next few weeks."

???

Thanks so much for the update, I've been too chicken to call. That said, this seems horribly irresponsible of them. I think such a late notification date could seriously compromise the number/quality of students in their incoming cohort.

???

I also inquired a few weeks back, and they did not even say all the applicants were reviewed at the time. At least some progress has been made! Hopefully we'll hear back before April :\

Any more news out of University of Washington (Seattle)? I feel like I'm checking the survey results and my mailbox more than I should each day. I hate talking about it; for whatever reason I get extremely superstituous about this kind of thing.

Hey -- is the GWU Cultural PhD admit here? I had an interview over three weeks ago and they said it would take only two to notify those who got in. I finally broke down and called the department coordinator earlier this week, but he didn't know when we would find out our status. Any information is most welcome! Thanks so much!

Has anyone here, or does anyone here know anyone who has been accepted to either UCR or Indiana for Fall 2012? Would love to talk to anyone thinking about joining either of these Anthro programs. Trying to decide between the two.

I also got accepted by Indiana for Fall 2012, but without first year funding. Does anyone know anything about the funding situation in Indiana this year? Is there a waiting list for funding?

Edited by Sun Yuezhu

Is anyone else (still) getting the silent treatment from Columbia?

Yup, I'm still getting the silent treatment... but for the M.A. Program. I do know that they have selected their PhD candidates, and I'm pretty sure they notified these guys already. I was told I did not make the short list for PhD, but have to wait on M.A. final decisions.

Yup, I'm still getting the silent treatment... but for the M.A. Program. I do know that they have selected their PhD candidates, and I'm pretty sure they notified these guys already. I was told I did not make the short list for PhD, but have to wait on M.A. final decisions.

not short list, but do they wait list? i had to pester a couple of my other schools who were silent and they gave me the wait list spiel.

Just FYI, I got my official reply from Columbia, March 15th (via email, which links you back to the application website).

I wasn't accepted to the PhD, but accepted into the MA with no funding. You should check the application website (there should be a new link to find out your official results.)

Just FYI, I got my official reply from Columbia, March 15th (via email, which links you back to the application website).

I wasn't accepted to the PhD, but accepted into the MA with no funding. You should check the application website (there should be a new link to find out your official results.)

Where is the link?

If you go back to your original Columbia application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=col-gas), there should be a new link in that application homepage....

The link on mine says: "Decision Status: Available beginning 3/15/2012.....Your application decision is now available."

If this link doesn't show up on your application homepage, I guess the decision hasn't been made for your application.

Hope this is helpful to some people.

Edited by mhchoi89

Anyone else apply to the new Anthro PhD at GWU? Just went to my application and it says a decision has been made, but no link or anything is there to see the decision. Anyone else experience/know anything about this?

Anyone else apply to the new Anthro PhD at GWU? Just went to my application and it says a decision has been made, but no link or anything is there to see the decision. Anyone else experience/know anything about this?

at the bottom of your status page. and, i've been denied. wish you good luck!

at the bottom of your status page. and, i've been denied. wish you good luck!

Apparently there was lag time on mine... :( But denied as well. Waiting on one more... good luck to you, too!!

Arizona is finallllly sending out acceptances. No funding for me though, so I will not be attending. I'm already supposed to skype with my POI though, so I probably won't officially decline for another week.