PhD in I/O Psychology, Fall 2013

ILuvPsych2013

Professor of interest. Really hoping I get in to Wayne State!

I'm currently at WSU so i have worked with almost all the IO faculty on one project or another.  Mainly though, Boris, Alyssa, and Lisa...but i wouldn't mind working with Marcus and Jason as well.

I'm currently at WSU so i have worked with almost all the IO faculty on one project or another.  Mainly though, Boris, Alyssa, and Lisa...but i wouldn't mind working with Marcus and Jason as well.

Oh alright, one of my friends was in the I/O program at WSU, but decided that he wanted to do HR instead so is transferring to the master's program at MSU. I work at a consulting firm in Ann Arbor right now and both our president and director of R&D have Ph.D.s in I/O from WSU.

Those of you waiting to hear from DePaul--I am a current first year. They have only started looking at apps; don't plan on hearing one way or another until closer to the end of February/beginning of March.

I have not heard from Maryland or DePaul.

Have you heard from UCF or Rice? In the results section I did spot that someone has accepted an offer from UCF -PhD in I/O psychology which is the same programme I applied for, not sure if that means my application was unsuccessful!

Have you heard from UCF or Rice? In the results section I did spot that someone has accepted an offer from UCF -PhD in I/O psychology which is the same programme I applied for, not sure if that means my application was unsuccessful!

I applied to Rice and haven't heard from them. I wouldn't assume rejection just yet with UCF, though! I only saw one acceptance posted...

Oh alright, one of my friends was in the I/O program at WSU, but decided that he wanted to do HR instead so is transferring to the master's program at MSU. I work at a consulting firm in Ann Arbor right now and both our president and director of R&D have Ph.D.s in I/O from WSU.

Alex :D! Yes, i'm good friends with him!

PhD:

Wayne State University

Central Michigan University - Wait List (Number 1 on list)

University of Georgia

Texas A&M

University of Connecticut

University of Oklahoma

Old Dominion University

University of South Florida

Florida International University

Auburn University

Masters:

California State University Long Beach

San Diego State University

I applied to Rice and haven't heard from them. I wouldn't assume rejection just yet with UCF, though! I only saw one acceptance posted...

Hiya! which of the universities have you heard from? 

Curious, has anyone heard from BGSU, UConn, or George Mason?

I spoke with Dr. Magley yesterday.  UConn isn't ready to make any decisions yet, but we should be hearing from them starting mid-February-ish

Yep! I have known Alex since 5th grade and we were in the same research lab at MSU.

Nice! If you're ever down this before summer let me know, we can all get a cold one.  I just heard from CMU yesterday, i'm number 1 on the wait list, so i have high hopes for WSU. I should at least be 1/2 on the wait list if i didn't get an acceptance...but we'll see! Everyone is being hush hush over here lol.

Nice! If you're ever down this before summer let me know, we can all get a cold one.  I just heard from CMU yesterday, i'm number 1 on the wait list, so i have high hopes for WSU. I should at least be 1/2 on the wait list if i didn't get an acceptance...but we'll see! Everyone is being hush hush over here lol.

I will for sure! Do you think it's too late in the game to shoot Dr. Dickson an email asking him when they will be sending out acceptances and just get the conversation flowing - sounds like they may have already made up their minds?

I will for sure! Do you think it's too late in the game to shoot Dr. Dickson an email asking him when they will be sending out acceptances and just get the conversation flowing - sounds like they may have already made up their minds?

From what i heard, and my emails with one of the faculty, decisions were already made since January 22. They are waiting for the official ok to send out letters.  I was told that i should hear something by the end of the month...which is a few days away...but seems like a lifetime.

Curses, I applied to both of them but still not word, guess that means it might be a rough season.

Got invite for campus visits from Purdue and Ohio University.

Edited by gradorbust

PhD:

Wayne State University - Wait List (Number 1 on list)

Central Michigan University - Wait List (Number 1 on list)

University of Georgia

Texas A&M

University of Connecticut

University of Oklahoma

Old Dominion University

University of South Florida

Florida International University

Auburn University

Masters:

California State University Long Beach

San Diego State University

Whoever got accepted to Wayne or Central make a decision quick :P

Curses, I applied to both of them but still not word, guess that means it might be a rough season.

Got invite for campus visits from Purdue and Ohio University.

I'm invited to Purdue as well! I'll see you there! :)

Edited by IOPsych3927

Nope, I have not heard from either one.

Yea?  Who is your POI? It is my #1 choice right now so I hope to get accepted.

Just PMed you. I'm really excited about Purdue's program, but I need to visit a few other schools before I decide my top choice. Hopefully we have different POIs and both get a good result.