PhD in I/O Psychology, Fall 2013

ILuvPsych2013

Has anybody heard from University of Georgia or Northern Illinois University (NIU)?

I called the grad admissions office yesterday and they said that decisions have been made, but they couldn't give out the info yet...I'm assuming it's a bad thing for me lol.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I feel like it's starting to get late in the game, but it's helpful to know that some of you are in the same boat :-) Has anyone heard from Florida International?

I have heard nothing from FIU. Emailed the graduate coordinator and she said to wait until mid march...

So I am wondering if you all are still waiting to hear from schools, or if you have pretty much heard one way or another. I am still waiting on 7!

I have not heard from a single school yet.  Although I only applied to five schools.  University of Minnesota app has been in "final review" status on the web portal since last week! It's killing me!

I am not applying to IO programs and I did not apply to FIU, but I know someone who did apply to the I/O program at FIU (my bf). He was invited to graduate recruitment day which is next weekend. He has a few offers (Rice, likely FIU) and is wait-listed or has interviews scheduled at a few others (USF, UCF, UH NCSU). Just saw someone asked and thought this might be helpful!! Can I ask if any of you have heard from Portland State for the I/O program?  

I am not applying to IO programs and I did not apply to FIU, but I know someone who did apply to the I/O program at FIU (my bf). He was invited to graduate recruitment day which is next weekend. He has a few offers (Rice, likely FIU) and is wait-listed or has interviews scheduled at a few others (USF, UCF, UH NCSU). Just saw someone asked and thought this might be helpful!! Can I ask if any of you have heard from Portland State for the I/O program?  

Sorry for any confusion. I just got a message about one of the schools I listed and I got mixed up. He has not heard from NCSU, it was UNCC's organizational science program that he is visiting. He did apply to NCSU and has not heard anything yet. 

I called the grad admissions office yesterday and they said that decisions have been made, but they couldn't give out the info yet...I'm assuming it's a bad thing for me lol.

Did you ring the grad admissions office in Uni of Georgia or NIU?

Did you ring the grad admissions office in Uni of Georgia or NIU?

UGA.  I should have been in the initial acceptance pool, but Dr. Eby will not be taking any students this year, so...yea.

I just got a phone interview invite from Purdue, but I thought that invites to their visitng/interview weekend had already been extended. Does anyone know anything about this?

Also, I believe Akron  and U Missouri have contacted all top applicants and will be extending acceptances in the very near future, if that helps anyone.

PhD:

Wayne State University - Wait List (Number 1 on list)

Central Michigan University - Wait List (Number 1 on list)

University of Georgia - No direct answer of acceptance/rejection/wait list

Texas A&M

University of Connecticut

University of Oklahoma

Old Dominion University - Wait List (Number 1 on list)

University of South Florida - Rejected

Florida International University

Auburn University - Rejected

Masters:

California State University Long Beach - Accepted

San Diego State University - Phone Interviewed, went well

UGA.  I should have been in the initial acceptance pool, but Dr. Eby will not be taking any students this year, so...yea.

Oh no... I wanted to work with Dr Eby as well. Did the graduate coordinator make a mention of it?

Thanks for the info on FIU! I have not heard anything from Portland.

Oh no... I wanted to work with Dr Eby as well. Did the graduate coordinator make a mention of it?

Yes, Dr Eby was undecided a few months back, but she finally said she's not taking a student.

Hey ILuvPsych2013, I'm sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing the information! I know you're waiting for some schools, too. It's tough to wait out. I wish best luck to us!!!

If anyone needs info on the schools I've applied to, I've heard from all except for Georgia Tech (assuming a rejection on that one anyway because they made offers earlier this month). Hang in there everyone! Hoping that (good) news finds you all soon. 

Hey ILuvPsych2013, I'm sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing the information! I know you're waiting for some schools, too. It's tough to wait out. I wish best luck to us!!!

Thanks, you too! This is definitely the worst part of the process, I'm sure for everyone.

You should try. I know it's a really trying and difficult position to be in, but you never know what's going to happen. There are so many degrees of freedom in play at this point because multiple schools end up recruiting the same people that a spot could open up anywhere once decisions start being made. Just because you haven't heard now doesn't mean you won't in a month, or even on April 14th.

Hey paiged2--did you happen to hear any new updates on whether acceptances have been offered?