PhD in I/O Psychology, Fall 2013

ILuvPsych2013

For those of you still waiting on Virgina Tech and DePaul...

I just called and VT will be sending out emails by the end of next week and DePaul within two weeks.

Good Luck!

Just got my west florida masters acceptance, i also applied to phd programs at DePaul and iit. depaul said to wait 2 weeks when I called the office yesterday, but I noticed that someone was either accepted or waitlisted back on feb 19th, with a comment stating there were only 3 slots for 106 applicants. Guess I can still hope for the best regarding depaul?

Hi! I just wanted check in (again) to see if anyone has been accepted to Penn State. I know people were waitlisted, which led me to believe that there had to also have been acceptances. I am unsure of my status, though I think I have not been rejected since the  portal status says my fee has been received and I will be notified when a decision has been made. To that point, I would also love to know (if anyone has this info) if it is general Penn State practice to tell all the waitlisted applicants that they are indeed waitlisted, or if applicants must contact the department to learn their status. I don't want to be that annoying applicant calling to check in, but I am genuinely curious to know where I stand. Let me know your insights via post or PM and thanks in advance!

Has anyone heard anything from Texas A&M? 

THIS, 100x this.  A&M is my top pick, and it seems like they are taking their sweet time.  I heard someone got in contact with a POI a week ago and they still haven't started looking at the apps.  She was told to check back late March, early April.

Is it safe to assume rejections from programs I have not heard from yet?

I would say no. Only because i just found out i have been on the wait list for a while now. An email i received said "we have sent out offers and rejections, but you did not receive either, you have been on the wait list etc. etc."

PhD:

Wayne State University - Wait List (Number 1 On List)

Wayne State University Business School

Central Michigan University - Wait List (Number 1 On List)

University of Georgia - Rejected (POI Not Taking Students)

Texas A&M

University of Connecticut - Rejected (GRE/More Research)

University of Oklahoma - Wait List

Old Dominion University - Wait List (Number 1 On List)

University of South Florida - Rejected (GRE/GPA)

Florida International University

Auburn University - Rejected (POI Not Taking Students)

Masters:

California State University: Long Beach - Accepted

San Diego State University

Yea, one of my programs said they do nothing notification wise until march 15th, so dont count your chickens until they have delivered their rejection/waitlist/acceptance letters.  They also bring eggs so either win/win or neutral.

PhD:

Texas A&M

Masters:

When did you hear from the Univ. of Oklahoma? Did you get a letter or an email?

PhD:

Texas A&M

Masters:

Hiya

Did you get an email from University of Georgia? Were you able to receive feedback from universities that rejected your application?

Hi! I just wanted check in (again) to see if anyone has been accepted to Penn State. I know people were waitlisted, which led me to believe that there had to also have been acceptances. I am unsure of my status, though I think I have not been rejected since the  portal status says my fee has been received and I will be notified when a decision has been made. To that point, I would also love to know (if anyone has this info) if it is general Penn State practice to tell all the waitlisted applicants that they are indeed waitlisted, or if applicants must contact the department to learn their status. I don't want to be that annoying applicant calling to check in, but I am genuinely curious to know where I stand. Let me know your insights via post or PM and thanks in advance!

Hi, one of the RA's in one of my labs has been accepted to Penn State for Fall 2013. However, I don't know who her POI is or anything else of that nature.

Hi, one of the RA's in one of my labs has been accepted to Penn State for Fall 2013. However, I don't know who her POI is or anything else of that nature.

Thanks so much, if you hear anything else please let me know. As I stated earlier, I am kind of in limbo, I don't think I have been rejected, but I also have no idea what that means considering visiting weekend already happened!

Thanks again for responding. 

Hiya

Did you get an email from University of Georgia? Were you able to receive feedback from universities that rejected your application?

I emailed my POI and he told me.  Yes, I did receive feedback, what i wrote in red were what the schools said were deficient in my application. 

PhD:

Florida International University - Accepted

Texas A&M

Masters:

Just got my west florida masters acceptance, i also applied to phd programs at DePaul and iit. depaul said to wait 2 weeks when I called the office yesterday, but I noticed that someone was either accepted or waitlisted back on feb 19th, with a comment stating there were only 3 slots for 106 applicants. Guess I can still hope for the best regarding depaul?

I am a little bit confused about DePaul. If the dept. already contacted waitlist candidates, I would assume that they have contacted their 1st choice candidates as well...? But nothing was posted in the results section. Is anyone out there who got accepted by DePaul?

To those of you who applied to NCSU and got neither rejected nor accepted: You're probably on the waitlist. More information to come within the next 3-5 weeks (depends on whether the pending offers are accepted).

Hey paiged2--did you happen to hear any new updates on whether acceptances have been offered?

Welp, sorry I missed this. Acceptances have been offered, though I don't know the status on any of them at this point.  We're on spring break right now.

(And I think there might have initially been some confusion with you thinking I applied this year? I'm a 4th year ABD there)

Thanks so much, if you hear anything else please let me know. As I stated earlier, I am kind of in limbo, I don't think I have been rejected, but I also have no idea what that means considering visiting weekend already happened!

Thanks again for responding. 

I believe it's their general policy to let people know, but I'm not positive. I think that more information will be communicated once we have an idea of how the initial set of acceptances goes.  

Also, yay FutureSchoolPsych! Try to convince him/her to come here ;)

Welp, sorry I missed this. Acceptances have been offered, though I don't know the status on any of them at this point.  We're on spring break right now.   (And I think there might have initially been some confusion with you thinking I applied this year? I'm a 4th year ABD there)
Nope, I got it-- I just meant, had you heard any news around department. Well, do you have any advice/strong reactions about contacting the department to see if I'm waitlisted? I contacted them about three weeks ago, but I don't want to be a nuisance. I would just like to know where I stand.

Nope, I got it-- I just meant, had you heard any news around department. Well, do you have any advice/strong reactions about contacting the department to see if I'm waitlisted? I contacted them about three weeks ago, but I don't want to be a nuisance. I would just like to know where I stand.

I don't think there's any harm in inquiring about your application status, but I would do it next week since we're on break. As I noted above, I think they generally let people know, but I'm not positive.... 

Got accepted into the IIT phd program via email just now!

I also applied to this program and haven't heard anything.  Maybe today.  How long ago did you get the email confirming your application was complete? They emailed me on Feb 22 & said it would be a "few weeks".  Just wondering what the timeline was for you. 

I also applied to this program and haven't heard anything. Maybe today. How long ago did you get the email confirming your application was complete? They emailed me on Feb 22 & said it would be a "few weeks". Just wondering what the timeline was for you.