PhD in I/O Psychology, Fall 2013

ILuvPsych2013

Hey Ghollo,

I too applied to George Mason's Masters program.  I received an email a couple of weeks ago informing me that that I was on the "short list", but haven't heard anything since.  I called on Friday and someone in the school's admissions office told me that they had yet to make their final decisions. 

Thanks for the reply. I actually got my rejection from GMU this morning. I'm pretty disappointed about this one, actually. Mainly because I thought this was one of the programs where I actually had a shot. Oh well, you live and you learn. I really hope you get in!

PhD

Clemson--rejected

Auburn--assumed rejection

University of Houston--assumed rejection 

Florida Institute of Technology--waitlisted

Masters

George Mason--rejected

Radford--pending

Middle Tennessee--pending

If anyone else is hearing anything, or has been in contact with Auburn, Houston, Radford, or Middle Tennessee, please share your experience. Thanks

Good luck everyone. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Edited by ghollo2

Thanks for the reply. I actually got my rejection from GMU this morning. I'm pretty disappointed about this one, actually. Mainly because I thought this was one of the programs where I actually had a shot. Oh well, you live and you learn. I really hope you get in!

PhD

Clemson--rejected

Masters

George Mason--rejected

Radford--pending

If anyone else is hearing anything, or has been in contact with Auburn, Houston, Radford, or Middle Tennessee, please share your experience. Thanks

I know that somebody just let their spot go at Florida Tech a few days ago, so maybe they'll start reviewing apps on the wait list this week

PhD

Clemson--rejected

Masters

George Mason--rejected

Radford--pending

PhD

Clemson--rejected

Auburn--waitlisted

University of Houston--rejected 

Masters

George Mason--rejected

Radford--pending

If anyone has an invitation to Auburn in their hands and doesn't plan to accept, please please please let them know. That's my top choice program! 

I know that somebody just let their spot go at Florida Tech a few days ago, so maybe they'll start reviewing apps on the wait list this week

That's really good to hear. I haven't had luck finding out where I am on the waitlist. Hopefully high! It'd be good to have at least one acceptance. 

Question.. I talked to a program yesterday that I am on the waitlist and they indicated that the April 15th dead line only pertains to initial offers, not wait list offers. I did not want to sound like a bimbo so I did not ask for clarification, but does that mean that wait listers may receive offers AFTER April 15th?

Ugghh.. The waiting is killing me!

Yea, some people have posted acceptances as late as may.  I know it sucks but I personally said screw it and accepted basically as soon as I got into one I was happy with.  Glad I did because everything about it felt and feels good.

Hi Ghollo,

I have an Auburn acceptance and just had a really good interview with Old Dominion. I should be finding out this week, but right now I think I'm preferring ODU to Auburn, so don't give up hope. USF is the only one I'm still waiting on, but realistically I don't think I'm going to come off the waitlist. I had some correspondence with Dr. Spector and Dr. Coovert there, but Dr. Allen is the best fit for me at USF and she is (was?) the president of SIOP so something tells me she's not going to take a student with a 3.4 GPA no matter how good my GRE scores are... I think if I get accepted to ODU and the funding is as good as my interviewer suggested, I'm going to attend there instead of Auburn. Could make a decision as soon as the end of next week. 

Hi Ghollo,

I have an Auburn acceptance and just had a really good interview with Old Dominion. I should be finding out this week, but right now I think I'm preferring ODU to Auburn, so don't give up hope. USF is the only one I'm still waiting on, but realistically I don't think I'm going to come off the waitlist. I had some correspondence with Dr. Spector and Dr. Coovert there, but Dr. Allen is the best fit for me at USF and she is (was?) the president of SIOP so something tells me she's not going to take a student with a 3.4 GPA no matter how good my GRE scores are... I think if I get accepted to ODU and the funding is as good as my interviewer suggested, I'm going to attend there instead of Auburn. Could make a decision as soon as the end of next week. 

I give you huge credit just for having the guts to apply to USF. I know the odds aren't in the favor of us waitlisters, but it does happen, so you may get to work with Dr. Allen yet! 

I wanted to ask Auburn more questions about the waitlist, but they'd been so gracious about answering all my other bothersome questions, I didn't want to push. I'm crossing my fingers for Auburn but trying not to get my hopes up. Thanks for letting me know!

Does anyone else have an IIT acceptance and plan on attending? It's my only phd acceptance and I want to talk it out a bit

Nope... UGA and BGSU have been completely silent, which is ridiculous given that it's April 2nd. I will be making my decision without considering their input, most likely. 

Have you tried contacting the Dept directly?  I have found BGSU to be really responsive if you just contact them.

Yes, I contacted all the departments about two weeks ago and they said they hadn't made a decision yet. I'm already accepted into Old Dominion and am 99% sure I'm going to go there, but I want to give it a couple more days to make sure nothing deal-breaking comes up in my research. I'm having a surgery on the 9th so I want to decide before then. Don't wanna make a life-changing decision while hopped up on painkillers  :lol:

Nope... UGA and BGSU have been completely silent, which is ridiculous given that it's April 2nd. I will be making my decision without considering their input, most likely.

It is beyond ridiculous, especially knowing that no one has been notified, not even accepted students from what the graduate coordinator told me

Hey Wildflower:

I too am waitlisted at NCSU & I spoke with the coordinator and he said that typically (at least at NCSU) waitlist offers do not go out until AFTER April 15th. Not too add to the drama of having to wait for ever..lol.. He said round 1 has untill April 15 then round 2's will go out. I know that another board member has declined a spot so, I guess we will see :)

Hey Wildflower:

I too am waitlisted at NCSU & I spoke with the coordinator and he said that typically (at least at NCSU) waitlist offers do not go out until AFTER April 15th. Not too add to the drama of having to wait for ever..lol.. He said round 1 has untill April 15 then round 2's will go out. I know that another board member has declined a spot so, I guess we will see :)

Thanks Bionica! good to hear some news about the decisions! If you don't mind me asking, have you accepted any other offers?

PhD

Clemson--rejected

Auburn--waitlisted

University of Houston--rejected

Masters

George Mason--rejected

Radford--pending

Middle Tennessee--waitlisted

Just got the email from MTSU telling me I'm on the waitlist. This whole waitlist purgatory these schools have put me into is really getting annoying. Is one offer so much to ask for?

Edited by ghollo2