Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

Annieca - you probably already know this, but getting into a MLS program, even with the MA, isn't too difficult. I got into all the schools for my MLS with my crappy undergrad grades. Granted....this was ten years, but I don't think things have changed. I am sure you will get into these programs without any problem. Are you planning on being an archivist? I did that for five years. Loved it, but it wasn't for me. 

Got into my favorite today!!! No word on funding though.
Annieca, You'd previously said, "One of the schools I'm looking at eliminated their dual Library Science, Public History program because they didn't have the professors for the Archives Concentration. This was by FAR my favorite program for the actual program aspects. (Another school took top spot for one professor.)" Is your acceptance to the former or the latter? Congratulations!!

@CrazyCatLady- well that was just slightly depressing there. Yeah, I expected to get into most MLS programs (except Chapel Hill where I just missed the GRE cutoff) but Aber's is special. They require Latin and I don't know a speck of Latin but... Yeah, I want to do archives for a nonprofit, prefer ably humanitarian based.

@Wicked problem- neither actually. I was deterred from applying to the program with a favorite professor (by said professor). Still waiting to hear on my favorite US based one (the first one). I didn't know at the time Aber was ever even going to be an option until I fell in love with the university, the opportunities and the people.

And to everyone else, thanks!

Hey what's the story on that Northwestern acceptance that just got posted?

haha I am probably going to ask the same thing for every additional post. 

(also: 'just for an expensive laugh' is wonderful. Too funny!) 

Guys, i hate to tell you this, but in previous years there were false notices on the result board.  Don't get your heart set on outliers or start freaking out because of them.  They may be private notices from PoIs, or they might not be real.

Guys, i hate to tell you this, but in previous years there were false notices on the result board.  Don't get your heart set on outliers or start freaking out because of them.  They may be private notices from PoIs, or they might not be real.

Hard to believe people would do something so rude...but you're right.  Trying to keep things in perspective, but it's hard not to keep checking the results pages! ;)

At least for the last two years there were notices posted from schools that were later known for a fact to have not sent out decisions.  The internet breeds sociopathic behavior.

Yeesh, apparently! :P