Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

Yes! That's the program I applied to...

Did you apply to MA programs as well?

Yep, I did. Chances are I'm attending IU.

As for Boston College, I know they started notifying PhD applicants in recent days, and MA applicants get notified late March.

I was accepted today Illinois State. It's my backup school, but getting an acceptance feels really great. The waiting season is just that much easier now.

Congratulations!!! :D Having at least one acceptance in the bag really does make the rest of the wait more bearable.  I'm so happy for you!

Viggo, congrats on figuring out where you're attending!
Thanks! :D
I just got a letter from BC, answering my question from earlier. In other news, I'm now 0/4, with 5 remaining. Getting pretty nervous. 
Sorry to hear it...try to hang in there - your first acceptance is probably right around the corner! :)

Congrats Viggo on choosing Chapel Hill. My one of my diss supervisors went there for their Germanic Studies program and loved the campus, the town and the History Department. She also got really into the sports but that might have been because her sister was at Duke at the same time...

Apparently Maryland has made their HiLS decisions and they've gone out on the portal. But my portal is down. :/ Curse you aqua scum!

Also, a question - I was rejected from South Carolina on Tuesday via their application portal but I haven't received any official "check the portal" or "You're rejected" email. Is that weird? Am I just weird?

The governmental hiring freeze is putting a cramp on my summer plans. Apparently the Library of Congress isn't making decisions when they're suppose to because of the debt cliff thing. But I'd think they'd have made their decision and just wouldn't go through the background check and all that stuff until after the sequester. I mean, you'd think they wouldn't postpone interviews because of it? I wish they'd just get it over with and say "No" because if they do, then I'm probably going to Paris for a few days before hitching back to the US and helping my parents move. Bahh.

if anyone is still waiting to hear from wisconsin-madison, you should check the online portal. it appears that they made their decisions.

Ah, I see it's time for me to collect my rejection letter. They waited so long to send out notification after the acceptances were released that anyone left over..

Well, rejection time it is.

At least, I'm 1/4. (;

Do you ever wonder if some schools (and POIs) just forget about you and your app (misplace it, get involved with other things, etc.)? After months have gone by, I think it would be hard to keep track of everyone.  :lol: Sorry, just an early morning musing as I check websites and email.

Do you ever wonder if some schools (and POIs) just forget about you and your app (misplace it, get involved with other things, etc.)? After months have gone by, I think it would be hard to keep track of everyone.  :lol: Sorry, just an early morning musing as I check websites and email.

This happened to me at my MA school. My POI put my application on the side, so that he would remember to ask for my acceptance and forgot about it. I didn't get an offer until April 12th, as a result. 

Wow, you're lucky they were still able to make you an offer then!

I guess we can all cross our fingers that this is what's happening at the schools we haven't heard back from...

Edited by czesc

Official Columbia massacre day is here!  No surprises at this point, I think.  Most of us knew this was coming when we weren't contacted as admits a couple of weeks ago.  Hugs to my fellow rejectees, and my sincere congratulations to the admits! :)

Congrats, Viggosloof!

I'd give the Columbia form letter a good rating—maybe 4 out of 5. Impersonal, sure, but the genre necessitates that. It's nice to hear that they recognize the whole application process is fairly impersonal.  Certainly better than Stanford, am I right?