Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Off topic, but does anybody else ever read PSJR for entertainment value? 

http://www.poliscijobrumors.com/topic.php?id=86206

(I'm hoping there isn't something about earning a PhD that inherently makes you as charming as some of these people)

I had never seen this site before. Some good stuff here!

Edit: Congratulations balledematch!! I'm glad you're rid of some of that anxiety now.

Edited by Lemeard

In at OSU....shaking....

I'm happy to join the list of people who struck out their first cycle, and got in on their second try. Keep the faith everyone!

SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Congrats!!!! Amazing!!!! 

Thanks everyone! Honestly, this site has been like therapy for me, and the mutual support everyone brings to the table really helps the anxiety. I hope everyone else hears great news soon as well!

In at OSU....shaking....

I'm happy to join the list of people who struck out their first cycle, and got in on their second try. Keep the faith everyone!

Awesome, balledematch!! Congratulations! You must feel amazing right now.  I hope to join that club soon too... :)  of the schools I've applied to, only UNC has had any action, and it's been minimal, so i'm still hanging on to hope to have success this second time around!

Edited by PhDhopeful2013

In at OSU....shaking....

Awesome!  I'm glad this year worked out for you.  Congratulations!

Edited by Quigley

In at OSU....shaking....

Many congratulations! And as for shaking, I was too. :-)

Edited by alittlebitofluck

Any ideas about Michigan State? Last year's results show a few went out Jan 26. Has anyone heard something?

I have heard zilch. I spoke with the department a while ago and they made no mention of their timetable. I really wish that schools had an online application status check.