Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Congratulations to all the Boulder-admits! I strongly considered that program because it'd be fun to work with Aydin or Tir, but it didn't make the cut in the end.

Agreed - definitely congrats. Tir is fantastic, hope some of you are planning to work with him.

Wait listed at Pitt. Neutral news is better than bad news! Good luck everyone!

Same here (as a longtime lurker in this forum, I figured I would wait until I had some news to report).

I've been in contact with Prof. Kanthak for quite some time, and overall she has been remarkably candid in every conversation -- thus, I have at least some reason to believe the sincerity of the comment that the wait list is "very short" and "very selective," definitely a good sign!

Good luck to all who are anxiously waiting to hear news today, and congratulations to those who have heard back positively already!

Join the boat.. S.S. Waitlist

As long as this boat doesn't sink, I'll be alright.

Waitlisted at Pitt. Nice letter.

Congrats! At least we've now heard something.

As long as this boat doesn't sink, I'll be alright.

I have a feeling S.S Waitlist is a ship with many passengers and a limited number of spots in the life rafts.

Edited by Lemeard

I have been lurking for a few weeks now. Can claim Texas A&M acceptance, University of Washington interview, and Pitt waitlist.

Still waiting on a number of others.

I've also joined the Pitt waitlist cohort. Congrats guys, it's certainly not bad news at all.

Really, it is good news. i was waitlisted at 3/10 places I applied to undergrad, and ended up attending one of them (the school I applied to ED mailed me in July being like sorry you're not off the waitlist, to which I wanted to write back "yeah guys I kind of assumed that, it's July?!?"). i think of admissions as like courtship; in both cases, "maybe" is a far cry from "no."

every time I check this forum it seems like 3 new pages are added and my heart immediately starts racing to about 250 bpm! Being across the Atlantic makes waiting weird bc I have to go through my entire day before I can legitimately start getting antsy about potentially hearing back. Not relevant to the current conversation...but still thought I'd share!