Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

All schools that seem to make main set of offers on a single day, and the acceptances received same email earlier today. Meaning, either rejected or a later acceptance which often means less/lack on funding.

Agree with polisciftw, there's no way duke and nyu are done with admits, they haven't even admitted enough to make a cohort, even if everyone accepted.

Also to the person who keeps posting that they were rejected at Duke, you could very well still get in (duke has spread accepts over multiple days/weeks in the past). Please don't clutter the board, and don't give up!

I just realized something. When I posted my acceptances, I accidentally listed my GRE AW score as 7.0.  Since the scale is 0-6 you can probably guess I did not score a 7.  On the off chance anyone cares, my actual score was a 5.0.

Agree with polisciftw, there's no way duke and nyu are done with admits, they haven't even admitted enough to make a cohort, even if everyone accepted.

Also to the person who keeps posting that they were rejected at Duke, you could very well still get in (duke has spread accepts over multiple days/weeks in the past). Please don't clutter the board, and don't give up!

I am hundred percent sure that Duke is done with admits and sent 20 offers and 19 waitlits for 2013 Fall. 

I am hundred percent sure that Duke is done with admits and sent 20 offers and 19 waitlits for 2013 Fall. 

That is a very long waitlist. Most schools' waitlists are a small fraction of the size of the number of people they admitted.

Do you have any info on how long a waitlist tends to be?

I think it varies from school to school. Many are just a few students (i.e. <5). Beyond that, I don't have any more information on this; you can usually ask the program how many people are on the waitlist and they'll give you that information.

Anyone else get the FLAS email from Columbia? I swear, the twiddling my thumbs and waiting by the phone is one thing. The sudden uptick in telemarketer calls and random non-admission related administrative emails are quite another.

What's the "FLAS email"?

anybody else just sumbit the BROWN application??

I did. 

I recall seeing somewhere along this discussion that Brown won't be have the results until mid-March. But last year the one who was accepted got the result on Feb 23rd. Considering that Brown had the same deadline last year, that's pretty quick!

The next two weeks will be very busy I feel. We might get to 100 pages by then. haha On a side note, anyone feel Pittsburgh and Colorado are done?

I don't know about Pittsburgh, but I did speak to Colorado's graduate program assistant on Friday and they said offers had gone out except for the theory folks, which should be out on Monday.