Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

The day is still young.  Things could turn around by this evening.

Yeah that's a true story...it's just so weird being in the UK and dealing with the time change. Days feel like they go one foreeeeeever

Well fortunately they have guaranteed funding for all their phd students and all ppl get the same. Love schools that do that! So good luck to everyone on gettin in!

Getting accepted is certainly my goal here.  They may be a stretch, but in looking at the Results board, I might actually be a good candidate (if GRE scores are anything to judge by).

I haven't heard a thing from any of my schools (including American and GMU), and I'm getting pretty antsy over here.

The day is still young.  Things could turn around by this evening.

+1 for your positivity!!  I hope that I can go into this weekend with some good news... for us all!

Sorry for all the rejections today guys :( can't wait till this hellish week is over...been an absolute bloodbath for me. Spirit crushing

Keep your head up! Many more to go, and you've still got that Ohio State acceptance to be proud of.

I haven't heard a thing from any of my schools (including American and GMU), and I'm getting pretty antsy over here.

Nothing from GMU yet? And I think American comes out significantly later actually...but hey, think about what happens if you do grab American. They do amazing standard funding packages!

Nothing from GMU yet? And I think American comes out significantly later actually...but hey, think about what happens if you do grab American. They do amazing standard funding packages!

Unfortunately, no.  No rejection.  No waitlist.  No nuthin'.

My grad transcripts were late in arriving (to my utter dismay and serious frustration).  Over a month late.  So, we'll see if that precluded me from consideration.  It stinks, because it would be awesome to work with John Paden.

Michigan results search stats at the moment - today there have been 7 rejections and 4 waitlists, prior to today 9 acceptances and 3 rejections.  It's not looking good for us hopefuls, but regardless... chin up folks!

So I guess the person at Michigan is manually re-typing these rejections one-by-one.  Mine should be here by Wednesday.

Ugh, what if Michigan's email system is so terrible that we start receiving things on the weekend?!? I count on that two-day hiatus from my nerves...

So I guess the person at Michigan is manually re-typing these rejections one-by-one.  Mine should be here by Wednesday.

lol damn

Michigan results search stats at the moment - today there have been 7 rejections and 4 waitlists, prior to today 9 acceptances and 3 rejections.  It's not looking good for us hopefuls, but regardless... chin up folks!

man...

Unfortunately, no.  No rejection.  No waitlist.  No nuthin'.

My grad transcripts were late in arriving (to my utter dismay and serious frustration).  Over a month late.  So, we'll see if that precluded me from consideration.  It stinks, because it would be awesome to work with John Paden.

Oh wait. Paden? He's at the Public Policy School at Mason, not with the Political Science department. So you applied to the PhD in Public Policy? Because relax, they won't be out for at least a month (slightly different field).

LOL fair...love your 'location' btw. A friend of mine tried to teach me the proper pronunciation for roughly 20 min last week

Not to confirm any cultural stereotypes, but it varies according to how drunk we are.  

Are there any other Aussies on here, lurking perhaps?  Would be interested to hear from you, compare notes.  

From my perspective, it seems the American universities don't like to tell people 'no'.  Of the six I applied to, 4 are dark and I've still not heard from Chicago or MIT.  Just put me out of my misery.......

Oh wait. Paden? He's at the Public Policy School at Mason, not with the Political Science department. So you applied to the PhD in Public Policy? Because relax, they won't be out for at least a month (slightly different field).

Paden has a unique post at GMU - he can teach at PP or PS, which is cool.