Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

here to claim a stanford admit!!!!

promise i'm not a troll. call from paul sniderman. 

am going berserk sitting in my cubicle. best of luck to everyone!

Congrats! Let's get some more green on the board folks!

here to claim a stanford admit!!!!

promise i'm not a troll. call from paul sniderman. 

am going berserk sitting in my cubicle. best of luck to everyone!

happy for you!!! congrats X 10000

Question for people hearing from specific profs: in your SOPs, were they the primary/only professor you discussed or one from a pool of 2-3 you mentioned being very interested in?

One from both scenarios. I could be wrong, but I think it depends somewhat on how the departments delegate responsibility for contacting admits.

Echoing the above, call from Paul Sniderman at Stanford a few minutes ago. I even tried to take a few moments to get composed but I know I sounded like an idiot on the phone! Just in shock...

hahaha, me too! his area code came up as berkeley so i thought it was a followup from uc. then he said stanford, and i started babbling. we ended up talking about napa wine country, which was unexpected but awesome. 

for those asking, i'm americanist.

hahaha, me too! his area code came up as berkeley so i thought it was a followup from uc. then he said stanford, and i started babbling. we ended up talking about napa wine country, which was unexpected but awesome.

for those asking, i'm americanist.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm also Americanist and for whoever asked, I didn't have him in my SOP so I assume he's the delegated contact guy?

Has anyone spoken to UCLA recently? 

I haven't received an accept or reject yet (which could mean waitlisted for funding), and was thinking of calling later. 

Anyone else in the same boat?

I have received nothing yet, either.  If you call and find anything out, please let me know?