Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Have any of the Berkeley admits received any written correspondence (either by email or snail mail) from the department? I got calls from POIs, but am hesitant to book airline tickets without something in writing. 

Nope. Haven't received any POI calls either except the one last weekend. I need to book tickets too.

Nope. Haven't received any POI calls either except the one last weekend. I need to book tickets too.

It sounded like they were moving slowly---they wanted to get calls out but a lot of the department was away on other business or something. All I have is the 'official' PDF acceptance from the graduate school and the fleeting phone call with a POI---can't trust my shocked brain so not sure if I even heard right re: when the visit weekend is haha. I'm sure we'll hear soon.

I hope that's correct! I know there are a few of us that have been waiting to hear something from them!

I am quite sure it is true...but the bad part of the story is very few will be funded.

I know most of state-funded universities got their budget cut...

I am quite sure it is true...but the bad part of the story is very few will be funded.

I know most of state-funded universities got their budget cut...

Eek! That is a bit of a downer.