Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Ahhh!!! Just got an email from a prof - in at Harvard's Political Economy PhD! So unbelievably excited.

Congratulations! That is truly amazing news. Past years on the results board demonstrate the rarity of that letter of admission.  :)

I wish Harvard PEG would just send out the rejections at the same time--looks like last year it took them a month after the acceptance went out. Long wait for bad news for me.  <_<

Browsing PSJR for help in making decisions. hot damn that forum is mean.

It's depressingly immature and nasty.  The vitriol makes it almost unusable as a source for reliable information, but also really turns me off to the profession as a whole.  I hope to god that it's just an echo chamber for seriously insecure academics and trolls; otherwise, it's a sad commentary on the immaturity of PS academics.

It's depressingly immature and nasty.  The vitriol makes it almost unusable as a source for reliable information, but also really turns me off to the profession as a whole.  I hope to god that it's just an echo chamber for seriously insecure academics and trolls; otherwise, it's a sad commentary on the immaturity of PS academics.

One of my advisers told me to never to go there. She showed it to me once, and basically said it was horrible, and to never let it sway me away b/c it's largely the vocal minority. I hope she's right!

I am glad you all have brought this up because I was thinking the same thing the other day when I checked it. I rarely go to that website and for good reason. I feel this is a far more constructive and helpful place to get info.