Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

The universe is playing a sick, cruel joke on me--third time in a week I received a telemarketing call to my cell phone from California, and I never get those sorts of calls because I never give out my cell phone number. 

I am convinced some schools sold my information or something. I have been receiving so many telemarketing calls from states that have schools where I applied. Calls on both my house and cell phone... and I never get calls like this.

Anyone know what's up with UVA? I see one acceptance and one rejection. Did anyone claim those?? Sorry if I missed it.

Ok, I did hear some info on UVa. The acceptances (two or three of them I saw?) are the departmental nominations for the big fellowship. Those decisions are made/sent out before others in order to correspond to a university deadline. You can even actually see that pattern on previous years' results. My guess (pretty confident) is that decisions will happen/come out next week at this stage. Monday - Wednesday if it matches last year exactly.

That single rejection is....questionable. Or someone was told they were incomplete.

Thoughts?

have officially lost my mind. had to make a brief stop into the bar to calm down.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh

I've still not heard a beep from Michigan, but I'm noticing a trend with all the notifications being sent out/posted right now...

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh

And, grats to the Berkley people!

"Does Berkeley send out all decisions at once?" she asks as she obsessively keeps refreshing her email and checking her phone.

Edit: Do they call international students?

Pretty much exactly my feeling!

Congrats to everyone, hope the positive news continues!

Edited by PoliSciLaw