Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

For those that have applied to Minnesota - am I the only one left in "No Man's Land" (aka - application still under review)? 

Nope. I am in the same boat. 

For those that have applied to Minnesota - am I the only one left in "No Man's Land" (aka - application still under review)? 

Apparently, there's a club, and we're in it together.

I got a call a few days ago from someone in the department letting me know I'm on their waitlist. But on my online application the status is still "Awaiting Program Decision". It seems, like many other online applications apparently, they might be slow with updating the website. Hope you hear something soon!

Mine says "decision made" with no decision listed...

So, is the Northwestern posting fake? if so, thank you very much for undermining my productivity for a day......

I would guess yes; although last year they sent their admits between Feb 6-9, so we can probably expect them soon.

Still nothing from Michigan. Really hoping I don't have to wait until Monday to hear from them. :(

I'd like my rejection before the weekend too but it's 5:35 in Ann Arbor. 

Still nothing from Michigan. Really hoping I don't have to wait until Monday to hear from them. :(

I'd like my rejection before the weekend too but it's 5:35 in Ann Arbor. 

If Michigan would just send me an acceptance by tomorrow morning, I will happily go root for the Wolverines in basketball tomorrow at a local bar.

Holy crap a bunch of new rejections and a waitlist from Michigan.

...and I'm just witting here clicking refresh.

There outta be an ap for that...  Might be called "GradCafe Pro: OCD edition"

I really like the agreed-upon 4/15 response date.  In all seriousness, a similar agreement for acceptance notifications would be a wonderful alternative to this 6-week-long time suck.  I might try counting how many times I hit refresh on the results page in a single day on Monday.

Edited by Quigley

There outta be an ap for that...  Might be called "GradCafe Pro: OCD edition"

In theory my email app should already be enough.

But the emails JUST AREN'T COMING.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From one of the Michigan rejection notes: "email from Mika LaVaque-Manty, said lots of applicants, passed on many because of faculty fit, same nonsense. So glad I have one acceptance down."

Why bother?  Just blast us all with a copy-paste email already!!!  I'm really not excited about waiting just to hear about how I was rejected with a slight personalization to it.