Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Thanks everyone! I sounded pretty dumb on the phone. He asked me if I had any questions and I responded with "Thank you."

LOL It happens to the best of us.

UCSD and Berkeley are two seriously good programmes, should be fun choosing between them (and with more notifications to come).

Thanks everyone! I sounded pretty dumb on the phone. He asked me if I had any questions and I responded with "Thank you."

haha yeah, when i got the call from Minnesota I said "wow, really? I really didn't think this would happen. Wow, i'm just so surprised!" He was laughing and said it sounded like I'd just won the lottery to which I said "I kinda feel like I just did." The whole time I was shaking and jumping up and down and just wanted to hang up, call my parents, and then call him back.

haha yeah, when i got the call from Minnesota I said "wow, really? I really didn't think this would happen. Wow, i'm just so surprised!" He was laughing and said it sounded like I'd just won the lottery to which I said "I kinda feel like I just did." The whole time I was shaking and jumping up and down and just wanted to hang up, call my parents, and then call him back.

HAHAHA! This totally made my morning. Feel so happy for the both of you! Congrats, guys!

I had a similar reaction when I got Minnesota's call.  I'm sure I sounded like an idiot on the phone, but the DGS didn't let on if he thought so.  Congrats on your admits!

That is hillarious!!  Best answer (or question) you could have given.

Have any of the Berkeley admits so far been for IR?

Also, what universities can we expect to hear from this week?

Stanford should make a move I think. Hopefully a couple more MIT. Should be a busy week, with a few more coming into the mix.

Stanford should make a move I think. Hopefully a couple more MIT. Should be a busy week, with a few more coming into the mix.

I second this..its been about a month since Jan. 15 deadlines. most institutions probably have an idea on what they are going to do.

Have any of the Berkeley admits so far been for IR?     Also, what universities can we expect to hear from this week?
I think that we will hear from Cornell, and that Notre Dame will send out the rest of their offers. I am assuming that the three individuals who have claimed acceptances on the results board were priority admits.

I think that we will hear from Cornell, and that Notre Dame will send out the rest of their offers. I am assuming that the three individuals who have claimed acceptances on the results board were priority admits.

I don't think we'll hear from Cornell until the end of the month or possibly the beginning of March, if last cycle is any indicator.  However, I would rather hear something sooner than later.

I don't think we'll hear from Cornell until the end of the month or possibly the beginning of March, if last cycle is any indicator.  However, I would rather hear something sooner than later.

Hmm. Unless I am misreadnig the results board, Cornell sent out most acceptance notifications on the 15th last year. Though they did send them out nearer the end of the month in 2011. If only schools were more consistent . . . :)

Hmm. Unless I am misreadnig the results board, Cornell sent out most acceptance notifications on the 15th last year. Though they did send them out nearer the end of the month in 2011. If only schools were more consistent . . . :)

You are totally right.  My mistake!  Hopefully we hear from them this week!

You are totally right.  My mistake!  Hopefully we hear from them this week!

Well, 2011 suggests that you might be right. :)

Despite the very real chance that we will not hear from them, I will continue to hope that we will. Deep in the midst of a process that I cannot control, I will try my best to control my own optimism. :)

Well, 2011 suggests that you might be right. :)

Despite the very real chance that we will not hear from them, I will continue to hope that we will. Deep in the midst of a process that I cannot control, I will try my best to control my own optimism. :)

That's a really good outlook to have!  Cheers! 

p.s. I dig your Supersonics icon.

I hope you are right about ND. I also think UWashington, Johns Hopkins and USC should be this week as well.

Have any of the Berkeley admits so far been for IR?

Also, what universities can we expect to hear from this week?

Greetings, all!  Yet another LTL here, enjoying the chaos of this year's cycle.  I'm also curious about what we'll see from Berkeley in the next few days.  I'm wondering if they're going by subfield, by some sort of priority, or randomly.  Given that they have a whopping nine subfields (part of the reason I applied), it might be hard to pinpoint the method to their madness.  Do we have any political behavior and/or American politics admits, other than the one on the board?  (Trying to decide how optimistic to be).

crossing my fingers for cornell next week also. and MIT, if you're going to reject me, just do it quickly tomorrow because i just want to hear SOMETHING... 

anyone think we'll hear from yale and columbia next week?? i wonder if yale is doing that interviewing deal again this year.

For schools that do interviews (e.g. Yale), what type of interview is it?  Do they just ask you to talk more about your interests to gauge fit, or do they ask more substantive/technical questions to test your knowledge?