Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Are any of the Columbia admits comparativists? 

I'm not a comparativist, but both my Americanist self and my theorist friend were on the same admit email, so I'd bet all of the admits heard at the same time.

Also, to everyone else, check out the results board right now. So much green!

I'm not a comparativist, but both my Americanist self and my theorist friend were on the same admit email, so I'd bet all of the admits heard at the same time.

Also, to everyone else, check out the results board right now. So much green!

Just to be neurotic...did any comparativists hear from columbia?

also claiming a Columbia, IR. cannot believe it. Also, email says they admit about 18 a  year. 9 people just posted simultaneously on the board. i didn't think gradcafe's saturation of applicants was that high. that's pretty great.

Edited by setgree

also claiming a Columbia. cannot believe it. Also, email says they admit about 18 a  year. 9 people just posted simultaneously on the board. i didn't think gradcafe's saturation of applicants was that high. that's pretty great.

I have not received the email, but considering Columbia's class size is around 18 a year, I don't think they could have said they admit 18 a year. Are you sure that's what they said? 

I don't think they could have said they admit 18 a year. Are you sure that's what they said? 

"Our program admits about 18 students per year." Direct quote dawg. Maybe they meant enroll, but it says admit.

Edited by setgree

based on my estimations of last year's admits, I would guess that Columbia enrolls around 18, which means they admit 30-some. 

Based on this and the fact that no one has yet claimed a CP admit, I am going to keep telling myself there is still some hope.