Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!

IM GOING TO TAJIKISTAN! 

Awesome!! Congrats!! So happy for you!!

hey all! i'm here, rooting for you still.

just wondering if some people who have already received acceptances (GERMAN SPEAKERS ESPECIALLY) were doing blogs? I am creating one and I was hoping to link some of you so that people could read what you were doing too!

PM me or just link 'em here when you make them. I'd love to include you!

Danke sehr!

I have not made one yet, but I will. Have you joined the facebook group? Maybe I could just friend you on there and send you my url once I have it up.

So for anyone still waiting for Latvia, IIE is saying that the wait is due to the Sequester and not knowing how many positions they're going to be able to fund. They said on Monday that they'll hopefully be able to send out some sort of notifications "in the next few days," but that was vague at best. They seem just as frustrated as we are, but it seems kind of out of their control at this point. So... yeah :unsure:

Edited by Joe Horgan

So for anyone still waiting for Latvia, IIE is saying that the wait is due to the Sequester and not knowing how many positions they're going to be able to fund. They said on Monday that they'll hopefully be able to send out some sort of notifications "in the next few days," but that was vague at best. They seem just as frustrated as we are, but it seems kind of out of their control at this point. So... yeah :unsure:

At least they are keeping you updated. :/

At least they are keeping you updated. :/

Not really, my advisor called IIE herself. They weren't planning on telling anyone anything! I've just about had it with all of this.

Only 16 more days before we hear from Switzerland, or get another email letting us know it will be another 30 days :-( . 

That would KILL me.  I'd like to give my job at least SOME notice, ya know?

I know they said by the end of May at the latest, but I am hoping that it's earlier than that.  It's officially mid-May right now, so I'm hoping for next week.

That would KILL me.  I'd like to give my job at least SOME notice, ya know?

I know they said by the end of May at the latest, but I am hoping that it's earlier than that.  It's officially mid-May right now, so I'm hoping for next week.

Me too, nfnsprite, me too.

Got a call from DC last night at 8pm (Chicago time)!  I GOT IT!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!  Official email to follow.  They said they are calling people and the sequester has caused serious funding problems.  Apparently there is a list (all those who have heard nothing) and they are going down the list as funding opens up.  I hope you all hear soon!!!! Keep the faith!

Got a call from DC last night at 8pm (Chicago time)!  I GOT IT!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!  Official email to follow.  They said they are calling people and the sequester has caused serious funding problems.  Apparently there is a list (all those who have heard nothing) and they are going down the list as funding opens up.  I hope you all hear soon!!!! Keep the faith!

That's great! So happy for you! Have fun in Riga, my friend. You should visit Tallinn or Tartu if you can.

:)

Congratulations!!!  That is great news!

Awesome!! That is so good to hear. That's the first time i've heard of someone being notified via phonecall, but hey, whatever works!! Congrats!

Thank you friends!!! They called again to go over more details.  It sounds like they are working round the clock to get things straightened out.  I'll be hanging in here til the end for you guys.  I hope you all hear soon!

Alternate to Latvia. Lets hope some funding opens up....

Really, really sorry to hear that!! Keep your chin up, you never know what could happen! And go ahead and apply for next yeaer, your application is already really good, obviously, now you will have even more time to improve!!!

I got it!!! 0_o

Aweeesommmmme!!! SO happy for you!! Congrats!! Insert Latvian potato joke here!