Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Thank you! My BIL and SIL live in Moore. Thankfully their home was spared and they are all okay; just shaken from the whole ordeal.

So sad to hear about the tragedy in OK. glad to hear your family is safe, however!

Yeah, I have lived around them all of my life, but you never get used to the sound of a tornado siren. I need to turn off the news, it's just so sad.

Same here!  I grew up in the corn fields of Western Illinois, and we had scares every spring.  It never stops being terrifying.  So glad your family is safe!

Alternate to Luxembourg. Welp, looks like I'm just going to go ahead and accept my full-ride doctoral program at UT Austin instead of waiting around.

congrats to those that heard positively, and best of luck to those that are alternates or doing something else instead! Does this mean all of the countries have been notified, or are some still not accounted for?

Not selected  :(   All that waiting for nothing.  Feeling bitter.

What were they thinking!?! *hugs to you* I know how you feel. I'm so sorry.

Still waiting to hear from Lunita.

Edited by CrystalDee

Not selected :( All that waiting for nothing. Feeling bitter.

Stupid Switzerland! Well - get a drink tonight (or 10), have a good cry, and reapply for next year... It seems like that's what many of us did and it worked!

Not selected  :(   All that waiting for nothing.  Feeling bitter.

Oh, wow. I am so, so sorry. I'm glad you can finally move on from all of this, but I know what a disappointment this must be. Sending a massive hug your way.

A bit lost and confused here, I received a Fulbright grant to Turkey as an ETA but no one has contacted me and I've received very vague emails. Such as filling out the medical papers and consent forms...I have no idea when we should be leaving and how I can get my visa or ANYTHING...anyone know more than me at this moment? And also, do we have a facebook page for Turkey ETA's?   Thanks guys!
Did you get the emails from the Turkish Fulbright commission? Specifically, the one asking us to "informally" confirm so they can start working on the placements? They seem to still be working out the details, but I'd imagine we'll be hearing soon. Also, facebook group is here, although we're small at the moment... https://www.facebook.com/groups/111357862401977/?fref=ts

So sorry to you guys who didn't get Switzerland...but at least now you know and can (finally) move on with decisions for the coming year I guess?

And congrats to those who got it of course!!

For those of you who are ETAs, join the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/123328967859396/.  Everyone is so nice, it seems like a lot of people are willing to host others if they wanted to visit the other one's country.  Good deal! :)