Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Thank you all!!

So it was an interview phonecall and they're going to forward the results to the US Fulbright Committee!

So my waiting commences again :):P

It sounds positive to me!!  I wish you much luck  :)

Thank you all!!

So it was an interview phonecall and they're going to forward the results to the US Fulbright Committee!

So my waiting commences again :):P

Woohoo! That's so cool! I hope it works out. :D

Ok guys, remember the "This is Norway" video? I have some Norwegian friends, and one is competing in a large competition. His Twitter status: 

"Had fish for lunch again. Never change a winning strategy!"

Of course, we like the fish, with a piece of cheese... while wearing skis at birth... and kicking hats off sticks... This is Norway!

Ok guys, remember the "This is Norway" video? I have some Norwegian friends, and one is competing in a large competition. His Twitter status: 

"Had fish for lunch again. Never change a winning strategy!"

Of course, we like the fish, with a piece of cheese... while wearing skis at birth... and kicking hats off sticks... This is Norway!

My boys and I still quote that video all the time. Lol!! I watch it when I need a good laugh.

For those new to the board go to youtube and type in This is Norway. :lol:

hey all! i'm here, rooting for you still.

just wondering if some people who have already received acceptances (GERMAN SPEAKERS ESPECIALLY) were doing blogs? I am creating one and I was hoping to link some of you so that people could read what you were doing too!

PM me or just link 'em here when you make them. I'd love to include you!

Danke sehr!

Almost two weeks after after seeing other candidates notified for Estonia my advisor learned that because of sequestration applicants to Estonia are being informed on a 'phased' basis.  In, other words, they are waiting until they are sure they have the money before they are saying anything.

Edited by eesti

Almost two weeks after after seeing other candidates notified for Estonia my advisor learned that because of sequestration applicants to Estonia are being informed on a 'phased' basis.  In, other words, they are waiting until they are sure they have the money before they are saying anything.

Oh my goodness. That really blows.  Stupid sequestration.  

Well, hopefully more funding will come in...I am rooting for you and everyone else still waiting. 

Ah, okay. They made alternates from other countries submit an official statement of interest about why they should be recommended for Brazil. I guess your apps already made that case :) I called in today to try and confirm that my letter was received (I was really paranoid), and she said they were processing over one hundred applications, so I'm wondering how many were included in the new round... hopefully closer to 100 than 200!

WOW!!

Really, Switzerland? Really?
Yeah no kidding. At this point I can't help but wonder if something really, really wrong is happening. I get more pessimistic every day.

Almost two weeks after after seeing other candidates notified for Estonia my advisor learned that because of sequestration applicants to Estonia are being informed on a 'phased' basis. In, other words, they are waiting until they are sure they have the money before they are saying anything.

That stinks! It also means my "alternate" status means nothing. Sequester is awful.