Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Do you remember if you listed two emails on your application? I know they asked on the app if we had an alternate email...

Yes, but I think they only send it out to the primary email unless notified otherwise. I emailed Johnathan, the Fulbright Regional Manager, about the email change but it's probably not changed in the system yet.

Edited by kbui

Recommended, full grant to South Africa.

Does anyone know what percent of recommended applicants become winners? 50%? 75%? Worse?

They recommend 1.5-2 times the number of recommended per open spots. ie my country has 16 grants, they recommended 24-32. So you are looking at 50-67%

Edited by jahanzlik

Hi Everyone,

In the last 48 hours there have been almost 500 posts on this forum! 490 to be exact. Feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet in case you haven't already:

Email: fulbright2013.2014@gmail.com

First and Last Name (optional):
Username (for gradcafe):
At-Large or with University:
Country of application:
Grant Type:
CLEA (Critical Language Enhancement Award (Applied Yes or no):
Country Interview (yes or no):

Academic Status:

Research Topic:
Email Address (only if you would like to be contacted by next years applicants, or anyone else who shares your field):
Host Affiliation:

Hi Everyone,

In the last 48 hours there have been almost 500 posts on this forum! 490 to be exact. Feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet in case you haven't already:

Email: fulbright2013.2014@gmail.com

First and Last Name (optional):

Username (for gradcafe):

At-Large or with University:

Country of application:

Grant Type:

CLEA (Critical Language Enhancement Award (Applied Yes or no):

Country Interview (yes or no):

Academic Status:

Research Topic:

Email Address (only if you would like to be contacted by next years applicants, or anyone else who shares your field):

Host Affiliation:

What does Country Interview refer to? The interview with our university? Being recommended? I'm an ETA candidate so maybe I'm missing something that only applies to full grants. 

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum, and I am applying for an ETA to France. Today I received an email from Joddy stating the following:

"[Greeting],

I am pleased to tell you that the Institute of International Education's National Screening Committee has recommended you for a non-Fulbright French Government Teaching Assistantship.   Your name has been forwarded to the French Ministry of Education Teaching Assistant Program for consideration."

I was wondering if this means that I was rejected from the actual Fulbright ETA?

Any France ETA applicants??

Hey there,

I actually did that program for 2 years. I loved it and it was a lot easier to go through the application process than the Fulbright is. Check this site for details: http://www.ciep.fr/en/assistantetr/

You should find out if you need to do the application to the French as well.

What does Country Interview refer to? The interview with our university? Being recommended? I'm an ETA candidate so maybe I'm missing something that only applies to full grants. 

That's a good question. It's been in previous versions of the spreadsheet. Some countries, I think only the UK and Russia (but I'm not sure about these), require interviews as part of the application process. This column is supposed to address that.

I think that you see you many people reply "YES" to the interview column on the spreadsheet because it's been confused for "on campus interviews" for those applying through a University rather than at large.

Should I remove it from the spreadsheet? What do people think? Any other suggestions?

Should I remove it from the spreadsheet? What do people think? Any other suggestions?

I don't think it will be missed if you remove it. Also Thailand is mislisted under South & Central Asia when it should be East Asia-Pacific.

Herp: I was looking for the spreadsheets for the past few years. Do you happen to know if they are collected somewhere?

Also: recommended for ETA, Turkey!

Go to the link above of this years above. Then you can click on the other tabs within there for the other years.

That's a good question. It's been in previous versions of the spreadsheet. Some countries, I think only the UK and Russia (but I'm not sure about these), require interviews as part of the application process. This column is supposed to address that.

I think that you see you many people reply "YES" to the interview column on the spreadsheet because it's been confused for "on campus interviews" for those applying through a University rather than at large.

Yes, the UK requires phone interviews, I believe they're supposed to take place in February.

I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find my last reply to this topic but there have been hundreds of replies since and I can't seem to find it.

I was recommended to the Germany scholars Fulbright. I was wondering, since I'm also applying to PhD programs, when Germany will announce its recipients. I'm worried, that if I only have a few weeks to accept or turn down the Fulbright, I will not have heard back from many of the PhD programs that I'm applying to. Does anyone know when Germany normally announces winners?

Hey there,

I actually did that program for 2 years. I loved it and it was a lot easier to go through the application process than the Fulbright is. Check this site for details: http://www.ciep.fr/en/assistantetr/

You should find out if you need to do the application to the French as well.

Amirah- Thank you for the reply, I will make sure to check out the site.

I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find my last reply to this topic but there have been hundreds of replies since and I can't seem to find it.

I was recommended to the Germany scholars Fulbright. I was wondering, since I'm also applying to PhD programs, when Germany will announce its recipients. I'm worried, that if I only have a few weeks to accept or turn down the Fulbright, I will not have heard back from many of the PhD programs that I'm applying to. Does anyone know when Germany normally announces winners?

I am also waiting on a PhD acceptance. Many, perhaps even most US schools will defer entry for one year. I am counting on the prestige of the Fulbright coupled with its funding for my field research to score me a deferment. Take a look at that option. Also, maybe someone else can address this or maybe the Fulbright website does, I assume you can always turn down the Fulbright later. Remember some awards are given as late as September which I bet is because of people withdrawing late.