Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

FINALLY SOME NEWS.

Congrats, GenderandDevelopment, and sorry to hear that, Anon314 -- fingers crossed for better news soon!

Shameless plug for the notifications thread -- I'm just excited we can finally put it to use!

Alternate. =(

Congrats Gender!!! That is truly awesome though.

I'm really sorry :( Alternate is better than not at all, at least, although, at this point, I'm sure it's very hard to look at it that way. More waiting.

Man, I should TOTALLY be on the Fulbright board, because you would HAVE IT IN THE BAG!! Too bad my vote doesn't count for anything :(

Big hugs! Hang in there!

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!

Anon- I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out with the Whittaker and that you still end up in the UK! Who knows- the Fulbright may still work out for you :)

Congrats Genderanddevelopment and pbo! 

Anon - you're still in the running!! And I bet Whittaker will work out too! Sending good vibes!

aww man. I didn't want to be the only one who didn't get it. =P

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!

Anon- I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out with the Whittaker and that you still end up in the UK! Who knows- the Fulbright may still work out for you :)

Yaaay! Awesome!!!

I hope you are right, I hope Anon gets the Whittaker, or ends up getting a Fulbright after all!!

Congratulations and hugs to the UKers! It is nice to know that some rain has come down during our dry spell.  Let's hope it pours soon! :)

Edited by Porshyen

Although I am waiting to hear about a teacher exchange, everything else in the process (including checking this board and my email 75x per day) has been very similar to what you all are going through. I'm supposed to hear in "Early April" if I've been matched in the UK.

This is what I got from IIE regarding the sequester:

"As you are aware, several federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of State, are still awaiting important funding decisions. Regardless of these final decisions, the selection and matching process for the Fulbright Classroom Teacher Exchange Program is still underway."

So I'm a bit confused about the sequester... Does it only affect ETA programs? Or do the cuts extend to full grant programs as well? It seems like they would apply to all, but this email implies that maybe teaching programs are the only ones impacted?Anyway, I don't understand...

More importantly: Congrats to all of those who were accepted for the UK!! And my heart goes out to the alternates - I've been there before (for a different region, however) and I know how awful it feels...  

So I'm a bit confused about the sequester... Does it only affect ETA programs? Or do the cuts extend to full grant programs as well? It seems like they would apply to all, but this email implies that maybe teaching programs are the only ones impacted?Anyway, I don't understand...

More importantly: Congrats to all of those who were accepted for the UK!! And my heart goes out to the alternates - I've been there before (for a different region, however) and I know how awful it feels...  

I don't even know that you can conjecture that ETA programs are being directly affected by sequester based on that post, because the program Mathlete was referring to is one specifically for educators (i.e., full-fledged teachers) to go abroad, not would-be TAs. It's an entirely different program, although I have no idea if sequester would be affecting all Fulbright programs equally or if only certain programs are affected.

So I'm a bit confused about the sequester... Does it only affect ETA programs? Or do the cuts extend to full grant programs as well? It seems like they would apply to all, but this email implies that maybe teaching programs are the only ones impacted?Anyway, I don't understand...   More importantly: Congrats to all of those who were accepted for the UK!! And my heart goes out to the alternates - I've been there before (for a different region, however) and I know how awful it feels...  
Pretty sure the sequester affects http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

At first I was like.. is that Gary Oldman?? Can't tell?? And then I saw the title of the gif.

Oh Gary, you are such a versitile actor. Every movie you are in, you look a little bit different.